The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-06, 12:45 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Today was a fun day.

Beause there were so many technical problems with yesterday's Battleship thing, Stars said they would pony up $4000 for four 8 player SNGs - a total freeroll.... Not everyone showed up (not even close) and we ended up having two 8 player tables (still $1000 each). Four players on my table, including myself, agreed to a $200 Last Longer bet.

Ready to hear the seat assignments? I'll ignore the top internet players that you may or many not know, and tell you who was sitting directly to my right: Gavin Smith. To his right, Chris Moneymaker. To his right, Isabelle Mercier. Gotta love it!

I'm happy to say I outlasted all of them (and took out Moneymaker), but I didn't win. Oh well....

Moneymaker had an interesting strategy: All in in the dark every hand. He oviously didn't care and wanted to go to the beach. I actualy folded A6 in the first hand in EP... Everyone else played seriously. I ended up getting busted when I got all in with TT vs. AT. He had a few more chips than me, and poof, I'm out 4th.

Spent most of the day kicking around Atlantis. Went on the water slides with bdawg and his kids... DAMN that steep one is awesome! It's nearly vertical and you feel like you are just falling. Very cool. Went in the ocean for a bit after that. It was choppy enough that we could mess around in the waves, but I did some snorkelling too.

Stopped by the $1500 tourney tonight just in time to see the bubble burst. With 21 players left, Isabelle Mercier reraised all in with JJ from the BB. She was quite short. The original raiser called with K6s and flopped a flush. She hit a useless Jack on the river, adding insult to injury.

I have to tell you guys, I really like Isabelle. I certainly don't know her well yet, but she's really sweet. I'd like to get to know her better.

Anyway, that's today's update.

Tomorrow: Shark Dive.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker

Last edited by Talking Poker; 01-10-06 at 03:48 AM.