The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-06, 03:07 PM
Rock

MathBabe has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsMathBabe has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsMathBabe has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default 6-max strategy

So, I've recently played 500 hands of 6-max Limit, at .05/.10, to try and get a feel for the game. I'm doing this at Titan because that's where I happen to have a bonus I'm clearing.

I've tried 6-max before (at PokerStars, I think it was) and couldn't get the hang of it. Over this most recent 500 hands, though, I'm up 23 BB/100. Partly it's the passive players at Titan, and partly I've had luck with TP's strategy of picking on players who are sitting with less than 12BB - I can usually find a table with two or even three of them.

My question is, how many hands do I need to play before I move up a level? My bankroll supports it but I'm not sure 500 hands proves anything. 23 BB/100 is clearly not sustainable and doesn't prove anything either. Should I play another 500? Another 4500?

MathBabe