The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-06, 08:05 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default poker crossroads

ok this thread/post is going to be very real post, most likley most real post I have made about poker on this forum yet. So my shift right now at work is 11pm to 7am and basicly I'am done work at 1am so I have alot of "alone time". Well last night during this time I got to thinking alot about poker and the last year or so I have played.

Ok now for the real part, as most of you know I'am not a winning player, I never have been. Basicly I play from paycheck to paycheck, meaning I work some overtime throw it online lose it and work some overtime again etc etc etc. I have sugar coated my play in the past because I didnt want you all to think I'am terrible.....I'am. So I basicly thought last night what are my options from here now and here is what I came up with.

1. quit poker
2. keep doing what I'am doing
3. Start over

ok
option 1 I really dont want to do I enjoy poker and dont want to quit something I enjoy
option 2 nah this option is not even getting thought about im sick of it
option 3 I really enjoy this option but in order to do this I need a total restart, meaning I need to start from the beggining. I need to get a membership at cardrunners (tp enter link here) and I need to read and absorb all the poker knowledge I can.

I need a couple things from you guys though, 1st I want some questions answered.
1. how many sample hands do you need to know you are beating a certain level of play
2. when do you basicly know you are beating this level, is it just based on amount of money you are winning or what.

I will be starting as low as you can go with .01/.02 NL and will be playing $1,$2,$3 tournies only but not alot of them. When I play it will be a set time online like 1 or 2 hours and I will be concentrating only on the game during that time. When that time is over I stop, I know you are supposed to continue playing but with my past disapline problems I want a stop time.

I will be posting hand histories here and I want you to not concider the amount of the game but how I played the hand....and I want you to rip them apart and tell me any tiny little mistake I made during the hand. Dont think about my feelings at all if I played it like a dumbass tell me Brian you played that hand stupid and here is why. You have to tell me exactly why though I want to improve. Last night I decided I want to get very serious about poker, I want to become a winning player. I dont care how long it takes me to move off of 01./02 as long as im improving.

I feel I have the skills to be a good poker player and just need to apply myself usually what happens is when I deposit money I start off good and play within my bankroll but when I take a beat I get mad and there i go to 1/2 NL with my $70 and its gone. I think by doing this from start and starting at the lowest you can go and not moving up that level no matter what I will be able to improve my terrible game. It will also be good to grind that bankroll, I also will not be moving up levels no matter how much I have online until I'am beating that game. So if I have $500 online I will still be at .01/.02 unless my numbers show Iam beating that game, so by the time I get up to the next level I will be plenty bankrolled for it. Dont really know what I expect you guys to say about this but any comments or opinions as usual are always welcome.