The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-06, 01:37 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Party's Statement to Affiliates...

When I first read this, I think I misread it. I originally thought they were saying that they were going to continue to let U.S. players pay, but wouldn't pay me for their play, effective immediately. After rereading it, I don't think that's the case. I think they will pay me for players I have on the percentage plan (all of them), and just not the "Per Sign Up plan" ones. In other words, don't expect to see another "Free $50 Party Poker account" offer any time soon.

What I find especially annoying though is how they specifically say that "There are no new restrictions that prevent Affiliates based in the US from promoting PartyGaming brands to non-US players," when, with all the interpretations of the law that I have read, it's the affiliates who are going to be even MORE affected than the poker sites! I live in the U.S. and it's about to be illegal for me to link to Party Poker - I thought that was clear in the bill. What's unclear was the legality of Party "Accepting wagers" (since that's not how poker works - they aren't accepting any bets). I think their response is backwards, and it really, really, annoys me how they are handling this.

Quite frankly, I hope they go down in flames by the end of the year. More power to Poker Stars and and other offshore site that continues to operate.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker