The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-06, 09:13 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default 6-max NL micro starting hand recommendation

For the past few months I have been struggling with the switch to 6-max from full ring. I have been playing some of both, but not doing great at 6-max. Earlier this month I decided to get serious about the 6-max game. In short, I think I was overemphasizing aggression and under-valuing position. So I get getting into too many marginal situations, and as a micro player my goal is to avoid marginal situations, as there are plenty of easy decision situations to get into down here in the slums.

So I did some hardcore analysis of my starting hand selection and build myself a little chart to help organize my thoughts. I would appreciate it if folks looked it over and give me feedback. The process was a little humbling for me, as I thought I had moved beyond “starting hands” chart for NL. But if I want to plug leaks, I figure I should start with the big ones. So here it is, tell me what you think.

Oh, and another tidbit, One-pair hands is a big loser for me. No real surprise there, but two-pair hands is also. That surprised me, but when I looked at it closer it was because I was overplaying PP on a paired board. YIKES….
Attached Files
File Type: xls NL 6-max preflop.xls (19.0 KB, 31 views)