The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-06, 09:35 AM
Banned

X-Longshot-X has between -10 and 0 Rep Points
Default Tournaments

Well i was lucky enough to find someone who has connections an was able to get into a few tournaments are bars over the weekends so here it goes......
Tourney 1-(My Fav)-Soft game, very beatable mostly sober solid players-Start with T2500 and blinds 10/20 increasing every 30 min- $32 buy in with $5 heading to the prize pool for the championship match in week 18-Normally 30-35 ppl
~~~~~I was running well and was sitting on T4400 with 11 ppl left and blinds at 200/400 playing solid poker and making the right moves. This hand is the one that busted me
Im UTG and raise to T1400 with Ah Kc all fold to SB who debates and calls my bet...Flop is 4c 9c Kh....SB checks i move all in for my last T3000 (Was this a bad move into a T3200 Pot) SB debates and calls, i show him my AK he tells me im good for now and shows QJ (WTF?) im thinking he just donked some chips my way.....turn a rag....im still good, only a 10 can save him....river is a 10 im out in 11th, but ill be back next week, wished them luck walkes out....

Tourney 2-Soft Game-Lots of drunks- $20 Buy in-Start with T800 Blinds 10/20 increasing every 30 minutes-11 people top 3 places pay
~~~~~I was sitting Short stacked with 5 people left im sitting on T1100 blinds 100/200 im in the BB and one caller around to me, i look down at K 10 and push, i have him covered by T200. He called with 99 and i didnt improve (with the blinds so high do i need to push here or can i wait?). I busted and was ready to leave, howvever the guy who busted me won the tourney and gave me a buy in to the next tourney (Backing deal) he said he liked the way a play
~~~~~Same setup as tourney 2 but blinds were at 40/80 8 ppl left i have T1200 and am 2nd in chips in bb. UTG is CL. UTG raises to 120, i have AA i push to 360, he goes all in i insta call. He has QQ one guy says he folded a Q...Flop Brings a Q and i dont improve im out again. Im get up leave say good luck and let them know ill be back next week

With the way i wa playing in these i know im gonna cash or win one soon....Just wait for that post.

Last edited by X-Longshot-X; 04-03-06 at 10:27 AM.
Closed Thread