The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-06, 12:39 AM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default FullTilt workaround on Harrah's WSOP satellited seats

that's why i love FTP.

simple and elegant. also works for WPT and other US-based big live events. remains to be seen if the other sites follow suit. of course, next year the entries will be down anyway...the WSOP bubble has been burst. but at least you can still satellite there via FTP.

published: about 10 hours ago
Full Tilt Poker Continues to Offer U.S. Prizes
Rumors Surrounding U.S. Policies Addressed
While the gaming industry continues to feel the effects of the new legislation signed today by President Bush, rumors continue to circulate about various site responses. One recent rumor has Full Tilt Poker no longer allowing US-based poker players to compete for seats to live US events.

According to Full Tilt Poker’s blog, this is untrue and players will be able to compete for seats through the site’s biweekly “Winner’s Choice” tournaments and through other site promotions. Although Full Tilt will continue to allow US players to compete for seats, Full Tilt has changed its payout procedures for winners.

If a player wins a US tournament seat on Full Tilt, the player will now receive the cash value of the prize in the player’s Full Tilt Poker account (excluding the cost of the tournament). Full Tilt will then ask for proof of identification, mailing address, and a player’s shirt size.

After the player has provided adequate identification, Full Tilt Poker will then deposit the tournament entry fee in the player’s account. In other words, if a player wins a $12,000 Winner’s Choice prize package for a $10,000 event, the player will immediately have $2,000 deposited into the player’s account to offset travel expenses and hotel reservations. Soon after identification validation, the player will receive a $10,000 deposit for tournament entry.
Old 10-14-06, 12:58 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

So.... these events are turning into regular tourneys (with satellite style payouts), but it is the winnres choice if he wants to use the cash to buy in to a big event or as cash? Interesting.

If that's the case, expect HUGE drops in field sizes for all major poker events. I can't speak for everyone, but if I won a $10k satellite, and had $10k put into my account, it wouldn't be easy for me to simply buy in to the Main Event with it, even if that was the name of the satellite tourney that I won.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 10-14-06, 02:03 AM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

yeah if Im guaranteed 10K Im def. not buying into the ME lol since the ME is a complete crapshoot anymore.
Old 10-14-06, 10:21 AM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

the bittersweet irony is that actually this works better for me...i couldnt care less about the WSOP Main event.

but id love to put my hands on as many of the 1K-5K buyin NLHE WSOP Prelims as i can. also, instead of one 10K WPT, id love to do two 5K WSOP Circuits, for example.

sure, this will precipitate a significant drop in the WSOP entries from now on. same most probably will the case with the WPT. many players will just not bother to go sign up on their own once the 12K cash or so is in their pockets...

plus, who's to say that all of the sites, even major ones, will follow fulltilt on this issue. i think at least some, if not many, will just drop cold any overt WSOP/WPT sats. (fulltilt of course, is smart here too-"Winner's Choice" doesnt legally describe anything). so let those players who win 4-5 figures bring the cash to vegas etc and sign up on their own. oh, and we will give you a free t-shirt if you wanna rep us.

the future of bigmoney live events now lies outside of the US. fulltilt is already starting on it (aussie, dublin, much more in the works).
Closed Thread