The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-05, 02:21 AM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default 3 in a row past 1.5 hrs :)

back-to-back-to-back tourney bust-outs in the past 1.5 hrs. all three 10k buyin playmoney 27-player SnGs on stars (i play those to relax/alternate my game at nite sometimes..oh and i sell the playchips for cash too, so that works as well...)

nothing 'bad' in these examples per se, just plain, garden-variety unlucky to the max.

1) 40th hand of the tourney, ive been totally card dead on a very loose table. down to last 900 chips, in the BB get AKsu. UTG big stack, who's been on a big rush last 4-5 hands, with 5500 chips, raises 4xBB to 400. he has raised preflop that much 2-3 times already showing down QQ/AQ/AK. everyone folds around to me. no need/sense for me to just call here, im allin. he shows, to no great suprise to me, QQ. and promptly flops trip queens. (river comes a king, just to thumb at my nose lol)

2) the very next tourney. 15th hand, again, as above to that point, im card dead to the max, nothing going. table, as usual, very loose. in mid-to-LP i get KK, raise 4xBB. two callers. flop comes T-rag-rag. i bet half pot, one folds, the other reraises me 2x. the reraiser has to that point been all over the place, bluffing a lot, overbetting crap, any ace/face/two suited, etc etc. i think for a bit. dont wanna see an ace on later streets, reraise allin. he calls and shows, drumroll, pocket tens.

3) the very next one...10th hand, same scenario as above. nothing in my pockets till then, table loose, yada yada...UTG i get dealt JJ. raise again 4xBB, 3 callers. flop 9-4-4 rainbow. i bet pot. two fold, third one reraises me allin. (yup...) i dont put him on either pocket 9s or 4-something, as that guy has so far been the least loose of the bunch, and pretty quiet at that. i call. he shows pocket tens...yay!...but river comes a ten.

i get this every day 4-5 times at least, sometimes in a row like the above examples. personal record, 18 straight tourney-ending bad/unlucky beats in a row in a 3-day period back in august!

thats why, other than the fact that ive no financial need or interest in gambling per se, i know i'd never do well in cash games, as im statistically significantly disproportionately unlucky (and have notes to show it, since i started keeping book on my game in apr 2005).

but, as a hobby/recreation/pastime/form of mental gymnastics, IMHO few things beat poker...
Old 11-21-05, 07:31 AM
Cardinals FTW

JDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points

maybe u think ur so unlucky because u acted like u should have won AK vs. QQ ? - ur behind there.