The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-06, 09:44 PM
Banned

eejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Confessions of a Limit Hater

IM sure you all know that until recently, i havent play limit poker alot. ive tried it but it wasnt for me.

However, since recovering a semi bankroll back, ive been trying it out. A bit on party, and a bit on jetset. Its weird, before i was loose, calling with suited 2 gappers, any Ace, capping with top pair bad kicker, im sure you limit guys know what i mean, basically a fish.

Now all of a sudden im reading the game, i have no idea if its from this forum, or from experience of playing. I can make the correct raiser, 3 bets, caps, folds, i can put people on hands very well, i can work outs pot odds and implied odds very quickly now. I can call down with A high when its good.

Like i said, im coming round to limit poker, after having a bad run of NL recently (-$1k at 2/4) All of a sudden, ive won the $1 back, plus another $600. This is playing 3/6 limit.

Ive played about 8,000 hands now, and my BB/100 is about 8.

I dont know if this is gonna be a permanant change, i just thought this post would make an interesting discussion on the ideas of moving styles, any pros and cons, and any serious things i should know.

I would say in my own opinion, in no biased or big headded way, im alot better at limit than NL currently, i am making the right moves, and the suckouts dont bother me as much, as i KNOW i can keep making the plays and winning it back.

Any thoughts?