The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-05, 06:01 PM
Fish

gotmoojuice has less than 10 Rep Points
Default Omaha hilo PL

First of I think I posted this in the wrong place,lol Oh well If I had a job you could fire me lol. Ever wonder what really is the key difference between pl omaha hilo and limit omaha hilo? Ill try my best to explain.
In limit omaha hilo its all about playing the correct starting hands,In pl omaha hilo The concept is position, position,position. Its just unreal in the pl games I play at on stars how so many players have poor judgement.
You should be playing alot more hands in pl o8 games than you do in limit.
Hands that you think are garbage in limit can be really profitable in plo8,The most obvious is 2-3xx, In limit this is the number one sucker hand. In pot limit The hand can be played, if you play well, because of the implied action you will get. Compare having A2xx on a flop of 8-7-3 to having 2-3-xx on a flop of A-8-7.You will get more action from players holding aces and eights or aces and sevens than you will from players holding eights and sevens or eights and threes. I see players In the nl o8 hilo game every single day go all in with AAA. Suicide. He put all his money in just to get it back, somehow aces have the magic ability to make players play worse. To play aces correctly you have to have a good low draw or flush draw with them.
PLO8 is a game of homeruns.Big pots.Big betting.Big edges. You arent looking to hit many plo8 doubles.You dont want to mix it up in alot of pots.
You want to get out early, or be gladly shoving all your chips in by the end.
The only way you want to hit singles in plo8 is by making bets on the flop that nobody calls. The key word in plo8 is "and" When you showdown you want to be saying, "I have low And ... If there is no "And", you usually dont have much. "And" is what to focus on when you have nut low. If you have no "And", checking and even check/folding will be the right way to go. In closing If you can focus on betability, 'And", suitedness,3/4ing,freerolling you will be a winning plo8 player.
Old 04-29-05, 06:16 PM
Fish

Default anyone

anyone gonna play the $50+5.00 omaha hilo pl multi tonight on stars? Its starts at 8 pm stars time,Ill be there
Old 04-29-05, 07:02 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Very nice summary for starting players. Are these 4 keys going to be covered in a later post?? Please I think I know what you mean with suitedness and freerolling but 3/4ing and beatability, I am not sure how those would specifically apply to PL O8.

I have recently begun playing PL omaha Hi and I like it quite a bit, but every time I have EVER played PL/NL omaha 8 I have just blown my chips in a few hands. I have done "ok" in limit O8, though. Lot to Learn, Lot to Learn
Old 04-29-05, 07:52 PM
Fish

Default yes

actually I will go into detail on each one on my next post,I play live poker 5 days a week and sometimes It turns into 7 lol. As for myself I prefer nl omaha hilo, Because when I have the nuts and I know ive got a scooping hand I wanna bleed em dry lol. heres why I play pl, The same fish who are in my nl game are playing the pl games. lol
Closed Thread