The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-05, 01:07 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Nice and Fun

If you like MTTs and are like Brian and have no money, play the 1/0 or 2/0 MTTs. The payout for first is 900 for the 2/0 and 450 I assume for the 1/0. About 2000 people to beat. However if I can do it, so can you! I placed 5th in case you didnt read. So my $2 won me $225. Of course it cost me six hours of my life I will never get back. Still trying to take 5th in a 20/2 MTT. Will keep you posted.

The funny thing is after a week of bad running, culminating in Tilting by playing 100/NL with a $100 stack, and losing all in after the flop of 7xx and J7 calls my all in when I have KK, and he spikes a river 7, I placed 5th with my final 2 bucks. Lol. Poker is Funny!

Last edited by SirFWALGMan; 06-06-05 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-06-05, 01:10 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

very funny.
Old 06-06-05, 02:02 PM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

You should get this for your license plate:

TLT2MCH

Seriously.
Old 06-06-05, 02:45 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

lol

speaking of tilting... season 1 of tilt available on dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-05, 03:09 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

Default Hmm..

lol. For sure. Someday I might learn. For now I am having fun, and it hasnt cost me alot of money. Probably dead even in the last year. Have run a roll from $50 to 1300 in 2 weeks, and back down to zero. lol. I think I get to the point where losing pisses me off too much so I speed up the process to dull the pain. Ah well.
Old 06-06-05, 03:24 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Start bonus whoring man.

I have made almost $3K this year, and I consider myself an almost breakeven player due to playing low limits. Tough to beat the rake but easy to clear bonuses.
Old 06-06-05, 03:59 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default hmmm

Im finding you less and less funny every day, J/K yea they look fun but the payouts dont seem to be worth the time your going to invest playing them.
Old 06-06-05, 04:08 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

Default Hmmm..

Heh. I actually like you alot Brian. I also do not think your a bad Poker player. Now your logic is sometimes baffeling. Maybe you have multiple personality disorder? So how is a $900 payout not worth the time? You are spending $2. Getting 450x your investment if you win. I know $900 is no 8K, but this is easier, and $900 is not bad for building a workable bankroll. I also think $900 is decent money in the real world. A little over a days pay for me! Win-Win and lots of fun, especially for the guy who was saying he enjoyed playing poker and was looking for a cheap alternative. Heck, I guess I will keep these to myself from now on.
Old 06-06-05, 04:45 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default hey

I will probolly play them but here is what I mean.

when you play MTT you want to win but do you actully expect to beat 2k people and win. Put it this way do you thing Greg or Chris expected to win I dont think they did I think they really wanted to play best they could and hopefully cash something. Ok with that in mind here I go I want to cash in a MTT if I spend $1 and bubble in im makeing maybe $1.50 for about 4 hours work now if that where a $10 MTT there would be less people and I would probolly bubble in at about $18.50 in about 2 hours. So lets review....

$1 MTT = 4 hours for $ .50
$10MTT= 2 hours for $8.50

That is where im comming from dont know if its the right logic or even makes sence to anyone but me but I like it. Like I said I will probolly play these but not to make money but to have fun for cheap price. Do I expect to win these? probolly not.
Old 06-06-05, 04:48 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Brian, you do make some sense.

Unofrtunately, I never play to bubble. I always play to win regardless of how many people I still need to outlast.

I can pretty much regularly make the 2nd hour of any O8 limit MTT I play, and usually can even make it past the 2nd break without too much trouble. It all depends on how many BIG hands I pick up early on that will be key to my future survival.

In the shorter tournies, I don't like the fact that consistnecy plays a smaller factor. 1 suckout early and it could be lights out as the blinds increase much quicker.

I would always prefer playing an MTT because of the cost/reward %s being way bigger.
Old 06-06-05, 04:58 PM
Banned

Default true

That is true, to a point. You are a very good O8 player and should expect to make it deep almost every time. In these low buy in events your KK or AA could be cracked by 7-9os very easy so that is why I never expect to make it deep every time. Sure majority of the time the better player wins but there are always those times when Joe Shmoe makes the money playing 80% of the flops. Like I said im playing to cash and if I win thats just a bonus for me.

Like I said I will be playing these but im not taking them seriously enough to build a bankroll of them. Im playing them because they are cheap and fun and I might just get lucky and make some good money off them.
Old 06-06-05, 05:02 PM
Captain Charisma!

See, now Brian this is what I don't understand.

You said you just play for fun. If you were merely playing for fun, you would not care if you cashed but rather won the whole damn tournament. I find it very fun to win an MTT (I've only won 1 but several final tables, good %) but I don't play for fun anymore (frankly, I need to take a good month off). I play strictly for the tax-free profitability it offers me (I live in Canada).

As soon as I clear this latest Party reload and the stupid Pokerroom deposit bonus I plan on bonus whoring solely until I can find my love for the game again. Until then I will only play tournies if you guys want to set one up because for the past 3 weeks I have noticed that the one small tourney we had was the only fun I've had in quite some time (aside from my live game Friday).

PS- Sorry if I sound like a sourpuss , I still have the love for you Bri.

Last edited by GeoffM; 06-06-05 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-06-05, 05:07 PM
Banned

Default ok

Alright I will try to explain a little...ya I play for fun but I want to make money. Hell what poker player dosent want to make money? Dont know anyone that goes to a table and says damn I cant wait to lose this money. Well maybe some do in AC but anyway I degress.

Ok so I play for fun but in long run want to win money. In case anyone didnt know I'm a losing player with hopes to turn it around one day. I feel I have improved alot over the last year but I know there are still times when I play stupid and make some rookie mistakes. I have a terrible disapline problem and dont play within my bankroll all the time.

If I could correct these problems think I could be a winning player which is why I say im playing for fun to try to get back to the reason I first started playing poker. In the long run I want to win though.
Old 06-06-05, 08:57 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

Default Are you saying..

I think your saying I am not good! Lol. Anyways, I have placed 5 times in the past two weeks. for ok money, >60. It is tough and you might end up with nothing, but its a risk-reward kind of thing. I enjoy the time too so its not a waste if I lose.
Old 06-06-05, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default nope

nope didnt say you where no good. Your reading into what I wrote too much.

I plan on playing them but not expecting to build a roll from them.

Last edited by BrianSwa; 06-06-05 at 09:44 PM.
Closed Thread