The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-04, 07:29 PM
Donkey

humpty99 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Have you ever had a crappy royal flush...

I don't remember exactly what hand it was, but sometime in the first 10 deals. I was dealt the KQ of diamonds. I raised out of small to somewhere around the 50 range (blinds are 20), and got one caller. Flop was 10d x jd. I checked. The other guy checked. Blank. I bet 100, and got called. Ad comes, making me a royal. Normally I would bet here, but something told me this guy had a hand so I checked planning to raise. There is something like 320 in the pot, and he bets 40 or so. Definately a weird bet, but I had to see what I could get from him. I raised to 150 hoping he would also have a flush and go over the top but the sucker folded. I only made 350 and some change on a freaking royal flush. Could have been worse, but I still would have liked a little more.
Old 11-23-04, 09:46 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default hey

was this with real money because if it was I would of probolly just called because alot of the systems have a high hand jackpot or something where they give free money or merchindise for a royal. Me personally ive never gotten a royal flush im still waiting though!!!
Old 11-23-04, 10:14 PM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

My instinct here as well is to call, regardless of high hand jackpots. The check-raise indicates a LOT of strength, and the best flush he could have is a 9 in his hand, which he wouldnt call a check raise with anyways. So just check, call, and let him come next time.

Defendant
Old 11-23-04, 11:12 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Gready Bastard

Stop being so Greedy! I have had one Royal at a 25/NL table. I made a whole 5 bucks. I have had a couple of straight flushes and not made all that much on those either. So your pot seems pretty good to me!
Old 11-30-04, 12:47 PM
Donkey

Baseballa19 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

This sounds like folks who only want to win a BIG lottery. Take your wins where you get them.
Old 11-30-04, 01:12 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

I know at UB if you hit the high hand and everyone folds you still get credit for the high hand. Happened in a game I played of Omaha, guy caught royal and everyone folded and he won the high hand for the 1 1/2 hour jackpot.

Speaking of which, anyone know what happened to the UB high hand jackpots?
Old 11-30-04, 02:55 PM
Fish

hime has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I flopped quads once and it paid off almost nothing... I even waited to the reiver to bet! (Everyone was checking.)
Closed Thread