The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Off Topic > Sports
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-04, 12:26 PM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

The high flying, dunking over people Vince is long gone. Leg injuries have taken their tole on him. He's still productive though, he finished in the top 10 in scoring last year, just more of a jump shooter than a slasher like mcgrady.

You wanna talk about comebacks, you shoulda seen the cavs game against the suns last night. They were down 21 in the 4th, and their center had to hit a 3 to tie the game with a couple seconds left. they won it in overtime too. lebron had a like 35 points. Great game
Old 11-11-04, 01:17 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

LeBron is sick, he'll be one of the greats, and maybe 1 of the only players that will be able to get the scoring record for career points. He started playing young so if he can average high numbers throughout his career, he could pass Kareem.

McGrady is a fossy. Stupid cow, couldv'e stayed in T. and him and Vince would have torn the league apart. But I guess we don't want ego-maniacs here in Toronto.

Ilgauskas, awesome played. First game of the year he had 35 points and 18 rebounds, I mean, those are KG numbers.

P.S. Go Leafs Go!!!
Old 11-11-04, 01:54 PM
Maniac

To be honest, i kind of forgot about the strike/lockout. Didnt even realize they'd already be playing by now.

I think Kobe has a better shot of breaking that record than Lebron does, just because Kobe has always been a shoot first guy, and Lebron is like Magic with his incredible passing ability.

And I dont think T-Mac is an ego maniac, i mean, no offense or anything but most nba players would rather play in orlando than toronto. And at that point when he left, Vince was the top dog, media darling. He wouldnt want t-mac taking some of his shine away either
Old 11-11-04, 07:54 PM
Donkey

Chutups has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Don't forget Dwayne Wade in Miaimi, this kid is gonna be a beast.
Old 11-11-04, 08:18 PM
Maniac

we're getting ahead of ourselves here anyways. You need to average 30 pts per game for 16 years to break the carrer scoring record. Jordan came up 6,000 points short of the record, but he probably would have it if he didnt take that baseball detour.

It's not really an easy feat to accomplish
Old 11-12-04, 01:46 AM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

yeah scoring titles, lol, that's way too early to talk about now. lebron is the total package though, and in another couple years once that jump shot is deadly...he will be a devastating force.
Old 11-12-04, 02:44 AM
Maniac

I really hate Boozer for pulling that stunt and leaving the Cavs this year. They could have been a really good, definately playoff, team this year. I still think they will make the playoffs, but they would have been a lot better off with Boozer in there. I still can't believe the stunt him and his agent pulled on the Cavs front office
Old 11-12-04, 04:44 AM
Donkey

I agree, Boozer lost a lot of respect after he pulled what he did. But on the other hand the Cavs shouldn't have granted him free agency, can't always trust someones word especially when it involves millions of dollars.
Old 11-12-04, 05:58 AM
Maniac

And what makes it worse, they didnt just grant him free agency. He was slated to make a tiny salary this year, and the Cavs wanted to reward him and pay him what he was worth. So they opted out of the contract, which they did not have to do, just to do what was right and pay the man what he was worth....and then Boozer goes and fucks em. Shameful.
Old 11-12-04, 08:41 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

I agree, that was kind of a dumb and disrespectful thing for him to do. The Cavs likely would have paid him just as much as what he got, so I lost a lot of respect for him.
Old 11-12-04, 08:43 PM
oscar the grouch

uh, i'm sorry, but the cavs did this for their gain too. the cavs did not want to give him what he was worth, they wanted to lock him down to a long term contract at a reduced rate (six years, ML exception). although i don't agree with what booz did, it's not like the cavs were totally innocent.
Old 11-13-04, 02:11 AM
Shark

bigjohnstud2o has less than 10 Rep Points
Default here goes

1.T-Wolves
2. SUNS
3.Dallas
4.Pistons
5.Spurs

Im still a Bull's fan. Big Jordan fan and stayed with them. Never got with the Wizards. I did watch Kwame Brown play in HS. He lived ab an hour away. I look for the suns to make a big run this year with nash at the pt.
Old 11-13-04, 02:50 AM
Donkey

I love Jordan, basketball used to be my favorite sport until he retired. I'm a big Golden State Warrior fan, but I always loved to watch MIchael play.
Old 11-13-04, 03:03 AM
oscar the grouch

Thumbs up

thats a HELL of a stretch for a list, dallas and phoenix over the spurs? how can you justify that? a hobbled nash is not enough to push them to the second best team in the league
Closed Thread