The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Off Topic > Sports
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-04, 04:09 PM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default NBA betting

in tonight's games, i like the sonics +5.5 at denver....denver is playing their 3rd game in 4 days, leonard is out, and denver has not been playing well

i also like the lakers at +2 in new orleans

Last edited by jimmytheg; 11-09-04 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-09-04, 04:36 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i'd be wary of that sonics/denver game...denver has a very talented team and the sonics...well..they leave something to be desired for sure.

i can't bet on laker games, it's my team -- just wouldn't be right
Old 11-09-04, 04:44 PM
Maniac

they may be talented, but they have played awful basketball so far, with the exception of the twolves game (and emotions were very high in that game due to the testy playoff series last year).

And the sonics just beat the spurs, who you think is the best team in the league...
Old 11-09-04, 04:47 PM
oscar the grouch

yeah the spurs played lackidasical basketball against a weak team...happens all the time. i'm just sayin i'd watch out for the nuggets...they're gonna figure it out sonner or later.
Old 11-09-04, 06:27 PM
Maniac

Another pick....i like philly at +3 at the Knicks tonight.....thought a long time about this, even though the Knicks have to be up for this game after their debacle against the celtics, I still dont think they are going to win this game....gonna take philly +3 with the under of 190.5.

so, to recap for any who care....tonight im taking seattle +5.5, lakers +2, philly +3 and the under at 190.5
Old 11-09-04, 07:20 PM
WA's most wanted

2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points
Default I'm a Sonic fan ...

And I appreciate the faith in my team, but man these guys are hit or miss. It is quite possible they will pumped from the Spurs win (where did that come from!) and run all over the sluggish Nuggets. On the othe hand, they could just as easily collapse and score a grand total of 75 points and embarass themselves.

I definitely agree about Lakers in the Big Easy.
Old 11-09-04, 11:53 PM
Maniac

solid 3-1 night, up 2 units minus the juice from the philly split...so up 1.8 units. That lakers game threw a scare into me...they were up by 31 in the 4th, and the hornets got it down to 7...with kobe out of the game... before their run ended. Would have been my worst gambling moment since the seahawks decided to let the rams have a win earlier this year.
Old 11-10-04, 01:10 AM
oscar the grouch

wow, the sonics CREAMED the nuggets

i really was expecting more out of denver -- they really need to get their act together.
Old 11-10-04, 01:55 AM
Maniac

the nuggets continue to play like pussies...no heart at all. They got murdered on the boards tonight. Defense was horrible too....the sonics shot 49 percent from the field...that's just absurd. All 4 of their losses have been by double digits...

Over the summer, during the Olympic debacle when Carmelo was complaining about playing time, we got a non too flattering glimpse into his psyche. I've always liked him so I was hoping it was just a case of him being young and stupid. But after tonight's game he's running his mouth again, saying his coach didnt have a game plan. I hope he doesnt turn out to be a head case.
Old 11-10-04, 08:08 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

That Nuggets team is a mystery to me too. I don't understand, they add Kenyon Martin and got worse somehow. Makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps Mello's sophmore jinx applies to the team.

In other events, looks like Miami is indeed in the elite of the league. 4-0 after last nights blowout.
Old 11-10-04, 01:11 PM
Maniac

Miami is off to a good start, but they haven't played anyone good yet. They've beat up on new jersey and the wizards twice, which they should, and barely snuck by cleveland. They play Dallas and the Spurs back to back on thursday and friday, and that will be a good indicator of where they are at.

I'm not sold on em as a title threat yet, gotta see how Udonis Haslem turns out. He;s a key to this team. He;s capable of 15 and 10 every night, and if he can put up those kind of numbers, the Heat could become title contenders. Shaq and Kobe never had a third wheel putting up double doubles every night...
Old 11-10-04, 05:40 PM
oscar the grouch

just wait until shaq actually starts rolling..they have been using him limited because of his hammy. miami IS a title threat.
Old 11-10-04, 05:58 PM
Maniac

That;s the thing...Shaq isn't that young anymore....he's been hurt or at only half-strength for long parts of the last 3 seasons now. If he stays healthy, and if the other players play well together, they can become a title threat. But Wade can't carry them all the way, and neither can Wade, a half-strength Shaq, and noone else. It;s going to be tough for them to even get out of the East, nevermind win the title
Old 11-11-04, 04:55 PM
Maniac

I'm teasing the twolves to +1.5 against the rockets tonight with the over at 168.5 because tmac is hurting and probably going to miss the game, for any interested
Old 11-11-04, 11:30 PM
Maniac

nerve-wracking game, but the twolves pulled through for me. Wish i went with my instincts on the Dallas game, damn Finley's injury made me second guess and lay off it.
Old 11-12-04, 01:40 AM
oscar the grouch

i love the shaq doubters that always say he's dropping off. shaq has been limited because the miami heat are limiting him. they're doing just fine right now, and when it comes down the stretch and shaq is dominating we'll see the shaq doubters muck.
Old 11-12-04, 02:02 AM
Maniac

im not saying shaq isnt a great player, I'm being a realist....he isn't that young anymore, during the finals last year he only had 1 good game....he has been injured and missed time the last three years...and you can not bank on having a dominant shaq during the postseason anymore....as the last two years have shown.

He's not really being limited by the team, he isn't playing at full strength....which seems to be a reoccuring thing now. Yeah, with the weak Eastern Conference they should have a walk to the conference finals....but we've seen before that the pistons can handle him. And they sure didnt look just fine tonight against one of the west's best teams. Dallas blew them out of the gym
Old 11-12-04, 08:36 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Looks like Mello finally had a good game this year, good to see he's back on track. But is there anyone in the world now who thinks LaBron won't be miles ahead of this guy throughout their careers? People were arguing Mello should have gotten rookie last year, but James is da man.
Old 11-12-04, 03:16 PM
Calling Station

BlackCoffee has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Yes, Lebron will be miles ahead and will be Cleveland franchise player. He has a better attitude. Mello is sulking already and he may end up being a journeyman if this keeps up.

Did you see Lebron's 4th quarter against Phoenix? 19 point 4th quarter comeback almost singlehandedly. I was amazing!

BlackCoffee
Old 11-12-04, 03:23 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Im dont bet on basketball but if you do bet the under/over betting I would definitely bet on Utah over. Utah is one of the best teams in the league. AK47 is a superstar in the NBA and no one gives him any respect. Utah also runs about 10 deep.

Also helps that Utah has scored 95+ pts in all 5 of their games.
Old 11-12-04, 08:27 PM
oscar the grouch

you sure are a big fan of turning one game into a huge deal. there really isn't much else to say on this topic -- the miami heat are a damn fine basketball team, shaq is still dominant, and he will continue to be dominant for at least another 3 years after this one.
Old 11-13-04, 05:58 AM
Maniac

YOU were the one who said that they were doing great, I simply replied that they werent that night. I wasn't making a big deal out of anything. If you claim something that turns out to not be quite on the mark, and I call you on it, that makes it a big deal? You sure are a big fan of commenting on the last line of a post and negating the rest which refute your statements.

And the Heat are a good team, but a lot of teams are good. When they show they can beat quality Western Conference Teams, I'll really buy into em. As it stands now, they havent shown it...and you can say wait till shaq gets rolling, and that he is dominate, but the numbers dont relay that from the last two years, and neither do the results. So, I need to see it to believe it with Shaq...just like with the Heat as a whole. It isn't a preordained fact like you claim it to be
Old 11-13-04, 04:36 PM
oscar the grouch

it IS a preordained fact that shaq will be rolling, sorry.
Old 11-13-04, 06:49 PM
Donkey

Chutups has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Are you guys married?
Old 11-13-04, 06:54 PM
Donkey

Chutups has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Utah has an incredible team, how Jerry Sloan does it I don't know. AK47 is one of the most complete players in the league. He's a beast on the defensive end, and has a great inside game as well as the ablility to hit a jumper. Anybody see that crossover that totally fooled his defender last year?
Closed Thread