The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Off Topic > Sports
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-06, 12:35 AM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default College Football week 3...

Anyone look at the lines yet? what are your thoughts about some of the games so far?

Ive placed 2 bets already... I will have a few more as the week continues.

The one I put a bet on already was CIN +30 vs OSU. The buckeyes are coming off a huge win vs #2 Texas so this game is just going to get overlooked. The buckeyes are going to win this one in the 1st half most likely and play the reserves in the 2nd half. Also the buckeyes defense will not come out with the same fire as they did vs Texas, the defense played with absolute emotion vs Texas. I see the defense playing like they did vs Northern Illinois in this one. One other note is that Cincinnati's head coach is the buckeyes old defensive coordinator so he is going to know Tressel's offense inside and out, He wont be able to stop it because he doesnt have the players to cover Ginn and stop Smith but should do enough to cover 30 pts.

OSU 37 CIN 13

I also did a very rare teaser... this was just for fun really, I didnt do a very big bet on it.

CIN +37 vs OSU
RICE +37 vs Texas

I like Rice to cover 37pts vs Texas here, Texas will make a statement but they will still be thinking about the buckeyes. Rice is 2-0 ATS this year, in both games they were getting a shit load of pts.

other games Ive looked at and going to keep a eye on but havent placed any bets yet:

FLA -3 vs TENN
Clemson +4 vs FSU
Syracuse +3.5 vs Illinois

will post more play later this week, I will also be riding the Penguin train whenever he posts his picks.

Anybody else have any thoughts on the early lines?
Old 09-12-06, 01:54 PM
grrrrr

jillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I am in on Cuse +3.5 and Miami +4

Being an Illinois fan I find it very tough that there is a 1A team that is worse than them. If anyone watched the game against Rutgers last week, that was the worst performance I have ever watched from and so called "big" time football program. However I did profit from it.
Old 09-15-06, 01:24 PM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

I went with Nebraska +18 vs USC

Other one im looking at is Kentucky -3.5 vs Ole Miss
Closed Thread