The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-05, 11:50 PM
Maniac

greenbuckets has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Home game rules = lottery

I finally found a home game (living in Japan, that is no small feat). First game was last night. I was looking forward to it all day. All the regulars at the game are retired military or civil service workers so I was looking forward to winning some cash. I should have stayed home and cleaned the toilet.

We started off playing a bastardized version of 5 card draw called "insane guts" that still has me mystified. Somehow, in all the convoluted rules of that game, I lost $20 with two pairs when the guy who won had had a pair of queens with a jack and a ten. For some reason, I forgot that the jack and ten were wild--but only if you have both in your hand. Silly me. All games were no limit, btw.

The next game was Omaha where you can play all four cards in your hand. Not to be outdone, we played "Super Hold 'em" where there are nine community cards laid out in a plus sign.

I couldn't take any more so I left after about an hour. Lost a total of $50 in one hour. If my play online later that night is any indication, that single hour of poker set me back about 10 years .

Just venting my frustration...
Old 02-09-05, 01:18 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

That sounds like the worst home game ever. Ugh.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread