The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-04, 12:59 AM
Donkey

stussy2k has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default sng's

just blew my free bankroll on party in a 5 dollar sng. it was fun while it lasted. just thought i would share. if you want to donate to my fund for more stories, just say so

anyway, back to the real part. 5+1 sng's is like asking out a girl with a split personality every day. Every game is different, some easy, some hard, but generally easy. The hard part is when your in the final 4, and you try to blind steal, is picking the right hand to do it with. and i will tell you it is not KQ os. 4 4th places in a row. woo hoo.
Old 12-01-04, 02:05 AM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Patience is a virtue in SnGs, a lot of players panic when in the last 4 and feel they need to take a chance.
I have watched players sit out (even the small stack) when in last 4, because the likelyhood is someone will feel the need to go all in with nothing and someone will call..

Jim.
Old 12-01-04, 09:35 AM
Fish

Slayre has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I've noticed, and keep in mind, I'm no expert, but it seems the best time to steal the blinds, with 4 player left, are when your on the button, and UTG folds, and it really doesn't mattre what your cards are if your trying to steal, course, if you get called it does, but, your hoping to not get called. Alot of times you can steal just with the minimum raise.. if you get called, you can still get out if the flop is not in your favor...

another thing to keep an eye out for is if the other players appear to be using the 'check/fold/call' buttons...

another thing I do on occasion, which works prolly 75-80% of the time, is being on the BB and its folded to SB, and SB just calls, go ahead and raise minimum, see how serious SB is. Really doesn't mattre what cards you have if your working a steal.

Disclaimer: it works for me. and we're talking about blind stealing.
Old 12-02-04, 03:41 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I havent played many SnGs in general. Mostly limit ring games, and MTT (mostly freerolls). But I have played a few lately with some success. I have 2 wins in probably only about 7 or 8 played. Do you think the rake in SnGs is better/worse than playing in ring games (meaning fee of course). Also, do you shop around to see if you can get the lowest fee % vs. buy in, or do you just figure you're going to pay a fee, just go ahead and win the thing and it wont matter much.? Are any sites better as far as fees than others?
Old 12-02-04, 10:07 AM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

UB has 5+ 0.50, while a lot of others have 5+1. At higher levels, the rake is pretty much equal across the board.

Defendant
Old 12-02-04, 11:17 AM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

if youre stealing blinds, you shouldnt really be concerned with what hand you do it with... if you get raised, you fold, and if they call, theyre giving you a chance to catch. id rather steal with suited connectors than with 55 or something like that

also pay attention to when you can steal when the blinds are 25/50 and higher; this is when the steals actually count for something.

-jB
Old 12-02-04, 11:20 AM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default KQo

With four people left KQo is a great hand to bet with. How do you try a blind steal? How much money did you have left? What happened? I typically will blind steal with a 3x-4x raise, and never do it against a short stack. However KQo is a decent hand and will win it's share of hands. You probably went all in and missed the coin toss against A high or something. It happens. It is not necessarily a bad move if you are short stacked.
Closed Thread