The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-04, 05:02 PM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default home game tourney, fun for a while...

alright last night i put together a 2 table $20 buyin tourney. the first hand, a guy gets a set of 10's which is beaten by a royal flush. epic.

basically i built up slowly for the first few rounds, then a guy went all in with 99 vs my JJ and i have a decent stack (110, you start with 50 chips)

the other table is down to 4 so they stop playing, we have 5 left at our table. i limp with A10 in 1st, blinds call button limps. flop is AAJ rainbow, everyone checks. turn puts a flushdraw out there, i bet 15, a guy raises me 40 more, i go all in and he calls with A6 of hearts... little scary but river was a blank so i win

we do the final table, first hand i get 22 and flop a set, i went all in thinking a guy had top pair... he called instantly and i was like ahh shit... higher set? he flips a flushdraw.... dumbass.... and he doesnt get it. i'm now chiplead.

next hand 2nd chiplead has QQ, i have KK. i raise 15 utg, he calls from the button. flop is KQx.... uh ohhh... i took him out without trying, i felt like a newbie just because i had gotten 2 hands in a row that were impossible to misplay, and now i had a huge lead.

i take a coinflip a few hands later with the best player out of all of us, 44 vs AK, i hit a king on flop but he hit a set on turn.

a few hands later i have QQ inthe big blind, a REALLY weak / unaggressive player limps in first, the good player raises 40 on the button. i call (putting him on AK or a lower pair, either way i want to look at the flop cheaply if possible) the utg limper goes all in for 100 more.... button guy thinks for a while then folds, i knew he had AK For sure at this point. now i was thinking ok an ace and king are out of the equation so odds of this utg guy having AA or KK is low... he might have AK and be drawing somewhat dead because his outs are gone.... but he limped, saw me cold call 10x the big blind, and then he went all in. i thought for 5 minutes at LEAST, then folded... i also had no tells on the guy because he was wearing some fucking gay ass dick cheney mask... we dealt it and i woulda hit a Q on the flop, but i was still happy with my fold...

anyways a few hands later i have AK on the button, raise 15. the worst player there, who has hit 2 and 3 outers all night for all his money, calls. the flop is K24 rainbow. he checks, i bet 20. he calls, i put him on KQ or KJ. turn is a J. he checks, but it was such a weak check i knew he didnt have KJ. i bet 100, he calls after stacking the chips up (this dumbass didnt even stack chips, just put them in a huge pile of shit in front of him, so hands with him took forever). the turn is a 10. he bets 20 into me, in this 300$ pot and i say to myself wow he has K10... fuck this idiot, but i pay him off. guess what he had? J10. i blew up at him, that hand pissed me off so much.... he now had a huge chiplead over me and the reallygood player, and we were at the final 3.

i get knocked out a few hands later from some insignificant hand, i dont even remember it because i had so few chips. it was heads up between them, the good player went from 80 to 300 within 30 minutes, and i was hoping that he'd win.... the shitty player pissed me off sooo much he really shouldnt have made it to the money... anyways, they were heads up, the good player got all the shitty player's money in the pot with 66 vs QT on a board of TT5J or something like that... river was a 6, and this dumbfuck took 1st. it was a dark day for poker..... bah

-jB
Old 12-05-04, 10:22 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

gotta love when the worst player takes home the cash. funny because i was trying to convince a buddy of mine that poker isnt about luck and cards it's about skill and a tiny bit of luck. next home game came around and the worst player among us finished 2nd i think and my buddy now wont let me live it down "see i told you, it's all luck!" i can't wait for the next home game to come around and that guy to lose his money 3 or 4 times in a row.
Old 12-05-04, 10:40 PM
Shark

jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!

wow, that's a ridiculous beat...i hate live small SnG's, never do well.
Old 12-06-04, 01:38 AM
grrrrr

jillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

That brings back memories from my tounries as well.
Old 12-06-04, 09:42 PM
Maniac

Tuff Luck has less than 10 Rep Points

Bad beats happen a lot at my home games. Try flopping a straight to the Ace and all in to lose to a full house on turn/river... I guess I wouldn't be as angry if the player that knocked me out wasn't so damn terrible.
Old 12-06-04, 10:16 PM
Maniac

Kidd7138 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

There are a few players like that at the home games I play at. Complete call stations, will play any shit to a raise preflop, and always seems to get ridiculously lucky and go home with some money. I was even talking with one about favorite hands and whatnot, and he asked me what I thought the best hand was, obviously I said rockets, he says he doesnt like that hand...BECAUSE IT NEVER HITS, and that he'd rather have AK or QK. I thought about trying to explain to him that if you're not a dumbass and play the hand correctly you don't need it to "hit," but decided it would just be a fruitless and frustrating endeavor.
Old 12-06-04, 11:27 PM
Maniac

Tuff Luck has less than 10 Rep Points

I know someone who thinks that if he was dealt 2,2 every hand, he'd win any tourney gaurenteed. And another who's favorite hand is 10,10. =/
Old 12-07-04, 01:23 AM
grrrrr

jillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Wish i could get into a game with them then. Now i would take pocket 10's every hand.
Closed Thread