The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-04, 11:16 PM
Maniac

greenbuckets has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Thumbs down Deliverer of Bad Beats

This is actually a bad beat story that worked for me last week. I was in single table sng on PP. $30 NLHE Tourney. There are 4 players left. We all have about the same number of chips. I am SB with 9 3 off. I call and all four of us are in the flop. I hit nothing on the flop (J 7 6). I check, next 2 check. Button bets 300. I was bored so I called. Next two guys fold. Turn is 8. I am open ended so I bet 300. Button goes all in. I call. His cards show with JJ. The river is a 5. I beat him with a straight. Terrible play on my part but I got lucky.

Next hand on the button I get pocket ducks. Bet to me is 800. I call. Flop is Axx. SB goes all in, BB all in. I call. SB has AJ, BB has A10. River is a 2.

Two terrible plays on my part but I won. I was embarrassed at how I played. Luckily they couldn't see me.
Old 12-01-04, 11:26 PM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

...you called because you were bored? wtf?

you werent open ended big guy, u were drawing dead off the flop and u were 9 to 1 dog on the turn

....yeah good job, an all in and a call, and you call with a hand thats drawing to 2 outs regardless of what sort of pairs the other players have. good play... everyone welcome this pro to the forums, we could all learn a lot from him

and.... partypoker... i shouldve known.....

-jB
Old 12-01-04, 11:31 PM
Maniac

greenbuckets has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default You are right

Relax. I said I was embarrassed. It was a terrible play and I deserved to lose but got lucky. Believe me, I don't normally play that way. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Old 12-02-04, 12:14 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default lol

wow i was wondering where john went to missed his rude critisizm, anyway yea bad call but oh well it happens.
Old 12-02-04, 01:04 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

with a board of J876 and a 9 in his hand, he defintely was drawing open ended to either a J or 9 high straight(or double gutted/up and down if you want to refer to it as that). and its kind of difficult to be drawing dead on the flop and then win the hand. did you pick that one up from hellmuth at the wsop this year?
Old 12-02-04, 11:26 AM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Heh!

We all do stupid plays. Usually they happen against me, but sometimes I am the giver too. Especially in a tourney if you are low stack and already in the money why the hell not. You gotta make a move somewhere and you got lucky. Big deal. It happens all the time.
Old 12-05-04, 12:15 PM
Fish

MarkGreb has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

That's a pretty bad reason to call.

But it worked.
Closed Thread