The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-05, 01:24 PM
Rock

hackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default First SnGs at Stars

Played two last night (probably when i was way too tired to think straight) and took 4th and 6th. I really like the way that there are only 9 players rather than the ten (not only on SnGs, but on all of the NL tables). Some guy was talking about how everyone suffers the one bad beat in those tourneys that knock them out, and here was mine in the first

Preflop I have AA in late position. About 4 calls, 2 from middle position, and 2 more right behind me and I raise to 5x BB. I get two calls and its a 3 way flop (I'm last to act).

Flop comes 10h 8h 3c. It is checked to me and I bet about the pot, get a fold and a raise. I push all in and he calls and flips up 99. At this time I'm in second and he is in third, and this win will put me well in first with 5 people left.

Turn is a J and river is a 7 and thats the end of the tournament for me as his straight with a PP beats my AA. I have about 200 left in chips, and end up blinding down with almost nothing t 4th place.

Still a good experience, But I wish I could have placed in one tourney to keep my bankroll. Now I'm down to $20 from TPs 25. If they had 1+.10 SnGs, I would be playing those!

Note to Self - Play ABC Poker.