The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-07, 05:18 AM
Donkey

buakawgirl has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsbuakawgirl has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Theory: three betting from late position (preflop)

I'm trying to get some opinions on three betting in particular situations which often occur on the tables. In my pursuit to open my game up from late position I started three betting with alot more hands and was wondering if your three betting standards are mostly systematical or dynamical (as in depending on the flow of the game and nature of your opponent).

Let's say you are playing your normal 6 max game (whatever your preferred game is) and villain opens the betting from UTG or mid position and it's folded to you in the CO or button. You and villain never tangled before so emotions won't play part.

With what ranges do you repop him when villain runs:

15/10
22/19
50/12

Will there be a huge difference between repopping from the CO or button?

Are there any other numbers to consider when repopping?

If this post is fundamental flawed please do not refrain from pointing this out so that it can be corrected and (hopefully) bring forth some interesting discussions.

Samuel Butler
English composer, novelist, & satiric author (1835 - 1902)