The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Off Topic > Sports
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-05, 08:12 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default NFL Playoffs

Well, the Pats did it again. I don't understand how the defending champs can be playing at home and while favored by 2, be made to look like the underdogs. I am by no means a Pats fan, but they are going to win the Super Bowl this year. Roethlesberger had trouble dealing with the Jets defense, wait until he sees the various looks he'll get against New England. I'm with N.E. all the way and I'll ride the points this week, which I will assume to be somewhere in the area of 2-4.

In the NFC, that is going to be one hell of a game. Michael Vick is so dangerous with the ball, he spreads the field so well. If he can learn how to become even just a good passer, he'll go down as possibly the best all-around QB ever to play the game, right up there with the likes of Steve Young. I'm going to have to go with the Eagles here, however visions of the Buffalo Bills and their inability to get the job done keep flashing before my eyes. While Westbrook did play a good game on Sunday, he is going to have to do more than 117 yards from scrimmage if the Eagles are to win. I'll take the Eagles, but Atlanta if this spread is a TD or more.
Old 01-17-05, 12:24 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i dont think that i have ever been as satisfied with a pats win as i was yesterday. i was pretty confident that they would win the game, but the way that they did it was just remarkable. there wont be any bitching about the illegal contact downfield this year, and this time the pats just took them behind the woodshed.

i think they will beat the steelers fairly easily next week, in a very low scoring game. dillon will be the difference, as he wasnt there in the first game, and he has been on fire recently.
Old 01-17-05, 05:50 PM
Back in business!

lightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Im from atlanta and a humungo falcons fan. However, the eagles are my dads team, so i have been a fan of them also. On this note, I am an NFC fan. I want the Falcons to win next week, I dont know if they will but it sure is going to be a great game. On the otherside, I dont want the pats to continue to dominate this sport. They were stomped on by the Steelers this year, but maybe the rookie in big ben is coming out after all after watching the jets game. I picked the colts, because I respect what manning did this year, but seriously, the pats are simply his daddy. 0-7 in foxboro?!? Go falcons, and go NFC. THey need all teh support they can get against the AFC.
Old 01-17-05, 08:27 PM
Fmr. Resident Asshole

Aequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

The Falcons and Michael Vick will need "all the support they can get" if they have to face either Pitts or NE in the Super Bowl. Michael Vick is an extraordinary player, but one person can't win a Super Bowl. They have a tough week ahead of them, against the Eagles.

Even without TO, the Eagles played very well. (I say this being an Eagles fan, but anyone who watched the game will say the same thing.) The Eagles three recievers: Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, and Greg Lewis did a great job ... they stepped up - they HAD to! McNabb's quarterback rating at the end of the day was over 111. Westbrook played well - not great - but well, and the Eagles D was impressive with 2 interceptions.

I've said all season that the Falcons are a fraud, and we'll see on Sunday if I am full of shit. The main problem for the Falcons was that they played a Rams team who has a weak defense at best. It'll be a different story on Sunday.

I can't wait till Michael Vick takes an open field tackle by Brian Dawkins.
Old 01-17-05, 10:20 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

only problem with Vick being open field tackled by Dawkins is that he will be in the secondary already and about 20 yards up field lol...

better off Kearse having the open field tackle.
Closed Thread