The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-08, 04:43 PM
Forum Addict

Wes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Disapointed or Happy with what you have accompished for 2008?

Even though I won a lot more than most people make in a year I am most likely disappointed with my results in 2008 pokerwise. Some of that comes with the disillusions that came with running like god at the end of '07 that made me think "high stakes no limit is so easy. all i got to do is play more hands and i'll be a millionaire." unfortunately, soon after i thought i was a god, i started to run poorly and didn't win for the first half of the year. Which was really a shocking thing to say the least since I didn't have a losing month in close to 3 years. Who knew that poker was such a volatile thing?

It also came rushing back all the tilt that I thought I stopped having over the past couple years. Which is far more upsetting to me than ever having three consecutive losing months. I'm a fucking professional, why would I ever get upset about not being up on the 70/30 rollercoaster that I know is poker? So fucking stupid.

Looking back at I can fully say that I failed at all three things. The three things were,

* work out way way more
* stop dwindling away most of my day on the internet
* start plans for business venture outside of poker

Even though #3 could be argued to be successful, it was mostly through passivity instead of aggressiveness into venturing into this realm. I was basically propositioned by my landlord into investing into the company he works for which I think was highly +EV (we'll see in '09 when all these things start to roll out). But the other two were massive failures. I still "work out" maybe twice a week and still dwindle away my life on the internet instead of interacting with people.

So how was your year? Did you accomplish what you wanted to?