The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-05, 09:35 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default maximize profit in limit

Im haveing a little problem in making the most out of my hands with safe flops, now I know if you have like QQ and the flop is 2 to the flush or straight you have to bet to protect your hand. What if the flop is safe how do you personally like to get the money from people. I know there has to be a difference of opinion on this subject. Like a minute ago I held QQ and guy bet into me on flop and I re-raised him and only got one bet on turn and one bet on river. Should I play it different to get more bets on the more expensive streets? Should I just call his bet on the flop or should I reraise and get more money in pot when im pretty sure I have best hand.

Im afraid if I just call on flop and give him the turn cheap then he will draw out on me. What is your guys opinion?
Old 03-07-05, 09:43 AM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

if you got the nuts or close to it I would just call any flop bets then raise the turn since the bets double and even if he just check calls the river you made that extra $1 or whatever limit you are playing.

As for QQ on like a 75T rainbow (example)... I would still raise the flop vs anyone because QQ is not the nuts by any stretch of the imagination and people lose more money on it then anything by slow playing like that.

but if you have QQ on a Q84 rainbow flop... check away then raise the turn then on the river if he checks then bet and he will call... win extra money.

if you have QQ on a QJ9 2 suited board I would RAISE RAISE RAISE because if anyone has a open ended straight draw or flush draw WILL stay to the river in the low limit holdem games so just raise raise raise and get the most out of your hand and hope for the best.

Last edited by omahilo; 03-07-05 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-08-05, 03:12 AM
Seven Card Stud

Tony Cheval has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsTony Cheval has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsTony Cheval has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Indeed, it almost seems to be a given that if you underplay QQ/JJ an overcard WILL pair someone up on you, particularly in limit with all the 'any ace will do' players. A set is an entirely different ballgame.
Old 03-08-05, 08:46 PM
Rock

nutbag has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

This guy is most likely going to try to draw out on you anyway, so if a safe flop comes, wait until the turn to put a raise in. The only time I would raise on the flop is if one or two guys act after me, and they have been shown to be conservative, then they are more likely to give up bottom pair, and longshot draws. If you have calling stations or maniacs after you, i'd just wait until the turn, then it's much tougher to call 2 bb than one.
Closed Thread