The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-05, 05:00 AM
Shark

Akverno has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsAkverno has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsAkverno has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default group strategy on stars

Before I went to bed tonight, I peeked in on a limit tourney on poker stars to see who some of my competition would be on tomorrows weekly freeroll round 2. I happened to stumble by the tournament right before the bubble and saw a table talking. They were agreeing as a group to slow play to allow the low stack of the tourney to make it through to the prizes. Regardless of your personal opinions on this, I was curious if this sort of thing is against pstars policy. In a normal cash tournament when you're on the bubble it is played hand for hand, on a free one I guess it isn't.

I guess my main question is while the prize pool is in the stages that forty people all get paid the same if a table agrees in the pstars chat to slow play to allow the entire table to move onto the next stage if pstars admin would do something about it, and if the people who do play like this should be reported by a bystander such as myself?

My personal opinion of this is that I don't care (unless I'm a low stack competing for the bubble). If a person can endear the table that much so that everyone will slow play their hands all the better for that person. What are everyone elses opinions on this?
Old 12-04-05, 05:04 AM
Shark

jaeh00d has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsjaeh00d has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

go take a nap!
Old 12-04-05, 05:07 AM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Ps, do have timers on all play during games and once the timer has ran out each player has 15sec to make a play, I guess if players agree to slow play then there is nothing that can be done. Ive slow played at a stage to get some payback money after being in a possition were the blinds were bigger than my stack and I knew if I slowplayyed a few hands I would get some $.
Old 12-04-05, 08:48 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

I'm not sure where this thread is going, but I'll respond to the original poster.

When you are in a satellite like that where all 40 players or whatever the number is gets the same prize I think it's fairly common that once you are down to the bubble or two players to go that the 8 people at the table who have pretty much secured their seat start to "root" for the short stack at their table and try to get him in the money with them.

I am pretty sure thats why Stars has turned off the chat completely in satellites like that (at least turbo ones for sure) when you get 10 players from the bubble, to avoid this sort of thing which is technically collusion.

The satellites I play are mostly turbo ones and I have to say that I don't have the same attitude. Not that I am a prick (at least not for this purpose) but I want the game over and my seat secured ASAP simply becasue I have seen big stacks get whittled away and miss out. It may be becasue of thier own bad play or becasue the blinds go up so violently in those turbo games, but in any event I will pick on the short stack if I have a hand and not help him survive.
Old 12-04-05, 09:27 AM
Maniac

Favre[4] has between -50 and -11 Rep Points

I know th is is kind of off topic but i cant seem to ever get to weekly round 2. Once i got 27/600 but back then it was final table. Do you have anyadvice on how to do better on these? It always seems i start to run low on chips in the 50-60 range of people left.