The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-05, 08:03 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default nice

I like the 1st one, unless anyone disagrees I think that is our best option.

great Job BB in figureing all this out, very interesting idea for option one and I really do think thats our best option.

Last edited by BrianSwa; 12-02-05 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-02-05, 10:06 PM
Shark

Hawt has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsHawt has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Just wondering if we were planning on a larger buy in main event at like the very end, like $5 and $10 and then like $40 or $50 ME?

Sincerity is everything. And once you learn how to fake that, you've got it made.
Old 12-02-05, 10:29 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Well, scroll back to the description I posted but, If we do it that way the league entry fee has to be wnough to cover the main event buyins for each of the 1st place finishers in the individual events . So There would need to be quite a few people or a higher league entry fee to have $20, $40, $50 main event. I think that would be IDEAL, but I don't think that is likely to happen the first time around.

We need to get a list of EVERYONE that is interested in this together and see where we are.

http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/blog.php?u=64
Old 12-02-05, 10:43 PM
Shark

yeah i just noticed that

Sincerity is everything. And once you learn how to fake that, you've got it made.
Old 12-02-05, 10:45 PM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

apologize for the dumb question in advance, but just to make sure i got this straight:

for either plan 1 or 2, one would have to prepay the whole sum ($50 or $65) in order to enroll in the league, correct?
Old 12-02-05, 10:48 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

no, Option A is a $10 (for example) league entry and $5 individual event buyins.

I think one would actually keep this running much smoother. I am trying to get a list of all the people who have expressed interest together. That is what might determine what the fees NEED to be to make a reasonable buyin fianl event.

AAll events in OptionA would have buyins and IF someone did sneak in it would not make so much of difference to just skip that person in determining who is in the top place (top three if there is extra prize money for leaderboard point winners)

Last edited by BlibbityBlabbity; 12-02-05 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-02-05, 10:48 PM
Shark

I think with Option A, I believe you pay an entry fee and then to play in each event and it adds up to $65 and with Option B you just pay $50 up front and the events are all freerolls. But then who would bother with Option A? Have to pay $15 extra because you cant play twice a week?

Also I think with freerolls we will have to be worried about crashers no matter what (ie: posters who join right as the pw is posted and join the tourny or something like that)

I guess I will just wait to see how it is all going down and is figured out before I start sweating over it. Props for setting this up though.

Old 12-02-05, 11:07 PM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

one more dumb question and im done:

are all the league events going to be NLHE or r u going to have other poker format?

ill wait to finally decide based on these two factors: overall cost of entry/participation (as everyone has gotten tired of hearing, i play recreationally/small sats and the like, so my bankroll is likewise tiny) AND poker format (alas, i only play/know NLHE).
Old 12-02-05, 11:28 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

Personally I would like to see a little variety in them but I would be willing to leave it as all NLHE for this time around. If we have interest in doing it again, maybe we double the # of events and add some other games into the mix.

As far as entry fee/buyin goes there are two thigs to keep in mind. The more people the lower the entry fee needs to be for the league. The only thing that the entry fee (as we are currently discussing it) covers is the buyins for the 1st place winners of each individual event to the main event (and if there is extra then it would go to the point leaders overall).

So, if we decide we want a $20+$2 tourney at the end and we have 15 players the league buyin would have to be $15 which would only leave $5 for a point leader at the end.

If however we have 25 players in the league and a $10 entry fee, we have enough for the $220 in main event entries and $30 to split up to the point leaders.

Other possible combinations below:

Minimum of 44 players for a $20+$2 tourney at the end (with $5 entry fee)
Minimum of 22 players for a $20+$2 tourney at the end (with $10 entry fee)

Minimum of 22 players for a $10+$1 tourney at the end (with $5 entry fee)
Minimum of 11 players for a $10+$1 tourney at the end (with $10 entry fee)

we should be shooting for the ones in bold, IMO

BUYIN:
TP has said that he is not able to set up $5 tourneys (as far as he could see) so it looks like the events will have to be $10+$1 at PokerStars. BUT, you only need to play in as many as you want. The entry fee allows you to play them all but if you just wanted to play in one you could. If you win your first one you don't HAVE to play in any more, but you would still get the buyin on top of the tourney winnings if you did. So hypothetically you could get into the main event for $5+$11 in fees and first event buyin (plus you would get 1st place payout in the tourney so you would already be positive)

For all information on the league see the MAIN LEAGUE THREAD

Last edited by BlibbityBlabbity; 12-04-05 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread