The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-08, 04:26 PM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Bubble insurance for stt's?

This is for TP mostly, but anyone please respond (except Fildy, he will come up with some witty flame obv!)

I was just wondering if you/anybody would calculate and offer insurance on standard sng's? It seems like a good idea, but obviously you arent able to take advantage of this all that often in mtt's. Meaning, a good % of the time, you are already out, or you have a big stack nearing the bubble and it doesnt factor in that much. It seems to be advantageous if you are nearing the bubble and are short stack or at/below average stack.

In a standard, sng (9 players) the bubble play is huge and you are in the mix of this alot. So if you had bubble insurance, once you hit 4 left, you are in the money but they dont know that etc etc......

I'm not sure if this is possible to make it +ev for both sides, but if it were, it would seem that someone like Kurn/StinkyDevil who is grinding alot of these could take significant advantage.

Thoughts?
Old 08-01-08, 11:56 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I think it would have to be fairly expensive to be profitable for the Insurer... and thus I'm not sure it would be profitable for the player buying the insurance.

If playing a SNG correctly, I'm not sure your play should change much on the bubble anyway, with or without insurance. And if that's the case, it's probably not worth it for you to buy as a player.

Basically, Bubble Insurance is obviously +EV for the person offering it (assuming they have done the math right). It's only +EV for the person buying it if it CHANGES the way they play on the bubble - helping them loosen up, most likely. For many, many players in MTTs, I think it could be +EV for them, but probably not for nearly as many players in SNGs.

I'm not sure though.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread