The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-04, 06:55 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Internet Poker

Addictive or what.

I play a lot of internet poker and lately a lot of tables. today was a record I was playing in 4 pokerstars SNGs and 3 Ladbroke SNGs all at the same time, am I addicted and if so should I seek medical help.
On the point of internet poker, we all know a lot of sydicates have now started with lots of tournys having sometimes 10 players all playing together and sharing any returns. I thought this was not allowed on internet poker sites but it is happening. Is it illegal ??

If not I would like to start a syndicate of 5 players playing internet tournys in the new year, anyone interested?? if so we could work out some rules and stratigies.
We would all have to fund our own stake money otherwise I would imagine everyone and his dog would want to join.

Jim.
Old 12-02-04, 06:58 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I can't really handle more then 1 or 2 tables open at a time or i end up making bad calls and just not giving it 100%.

How are the laddy sng's these days? not played them for a while, been sticking to the tourny's on there.

The idea of a poker syndicate sounds a good idea, just do u trust people and are they around the same level as you? I mean if your the only one pulling in the money finishes, it wont last long.
Old 12-02-04, 07:11 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I think when starting a sydicate its all down to trust,,obviously all starting with the same amount of money, all agreeing to enter only certain tournys and all agreeing the rules.
As for players of the same level, again you wouldnt really know until a few tournys into the syndicate and this would have to be reviewed at some sort of group meeting.
Its only an idea but it will be intresting to hear the response and some ideas.

Jim.

Ladbroke SNGs are like collecting money from blind poker players..too many players take too many chances. you can virtually sit out all tourny and still get place money. Pokerstars SNGs are getting easy also lately.

Jim.
Old 12-02-04, 08:47 PM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I also find it difficult to play multiple tables, at least at this point. Most of my play has been on Pacific in limit ring games where they dont support multiple tables so it isnt an issue. As far as playing together, I would be very leary of something like that. It seems like you could only be hurt by this. Unless you get together with a player who just kicks ass, and you ride his coattails, that would make sense. but why would that player want to join a syndicate if he is already successful. Otherwise if everyone is mostly equal, and you split profits equally, then where is the benefit. I think you would run into someone who got on a good roll and decided to take the money and run.
Maybe I am missing something here, but unless it were people you knew personally, I dont see the benefit.
Old 12-02-04, 10:03 PM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

A Syndicate like that is only legal if there is no chipdumping/giving away cards going on whatsoever (like, 2 of you end up at the final table, one has AA and tells the other guy who has KK to get out, or stuff like that). Besides that, its basically what the crew has been doing pretty succesfully.

Defendant
Old 12-03-04, 01:49 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Erm might go back to sng's then on laddys, not played much since i won a poker mania freeroll on their 4 weeks ago and withdrew all my money.
Old 12-04-04, 07:24 AM
Donkey

Chutups has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Wow, I get confused just playing 2 tables.
Old 12-04-04, 09:44 AM
grrrrr

jillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

3 Tables is about my limit. Any more than that would significantly take away from what little game i do have.
Old 12-04-04, 05:38 PM
Maniac

Gutzz has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Hey,

I like to play 3-5 tables. 3 if I'm not playing my 'A' game, and 5 if I think I'm playing great.

As for the syndicate thing... I think it's a fine line and if you start doing that sort of thing, even when you're not doing anything illegal, you'll gradually start incorporating the more 'shady' tactics into your 'team' in order to maximize team winnings...

Cheers,

Gutzz

[edit: Just like to add that anything can be addictive... I think if you feel you're getting addicted to poker, and this worries you, then you should just take a break and ease up on the hours you play. ]

Last edited by Gutzz; 12-04-04 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 11:57 AM
Fish

MarkGreb has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I tried playing over 2 tables once. Made my head spin. Especially with all those windows open.

Now if I'm going play 2 tables I stick to poker champs since you can keep 2 to 4 tables open without switching windows.

Ultimate Bet allows this too but I find it hard to follow. Probably just have to get used to it.
Old 12-05-04, 12:34 PM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

If I were to try multiple tables,, and decided on pokerchamps, how is the play there now, and how many players are on etc.?? I probably wont try it anytime soon, but just curious. Or how many people would suggest UB over poker champs, as far as easy competition??
Closed Thread