The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-07, 12:30 PM
Calling Station

robthedlphin has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default My shootout tourney report

I went to the shootout mentioned yesterday. The blind structure/starting hand amount was (to put it lightly) ridiculous. We started the first table with 500 chips, 25-50 blinds doubling every 12 minutes. At 1PM there was 10 tables playing to the last person at each table, followed by the same thing at 3 PM. The final 20 went to 2 tables at 6PM.

I played tight for the first round--any longer and I would've been blinded out. I was really amazed at what was being turned up at showdown. K 3 was a good hand here. I saw Jack high win at least 3 pots throughout the day.
A girl at my table got quad 5s on one of the first few hands and knocked 2 others out, giving her a huge chip lead early. nothing much happened after that until I raised in middle position with 10-J suited, one caller two to my left. Flop came down 10-Q-K rainbow and I pushed all in (even though we'd only been playing about an hour it was already time for me to push with hands like this), OP calls my all in and turns over KK. I stand up and start collecting my things until I finish my straight on the river. Not sure if that would be considered a suck-out, but that was the only one I gave all day. I eventually went on to win the first table.
Second table was a little better with blinds/starting schip counts. 20 minute blinds with 1000 chips to start with.
First hand 3 people go all-in and flip up A-K suited, Q-Q, and AA. The rockets held up and the person to my right now has a commanding lead.
Unfortunaly I only got to play for a little while when I went all-in with pocket 7s pre-flop and was called by pocket 3's. A 3 came down on the flop and I collected my things and left.
I stuck around to watch the final table. It was nice to watch because this really hot chich who looked like she was 19 won. I was calling her Jaime because she reminded me of J. Gold. She was getting some amazing flops and catching cards like crazy. With 3 players left a player went all-in and she called. Pocket 5's against her pocket 8's. A 5 fell on the flop and an 8 fell on the river to give her the win and a commanding chip lead going into the final two. She leaned on the other guy until he was so short stacked he had to go in with any hand. Overall her play was pretty solid.
Anyway, It was fun--I wish the blinds were longer and the starting stack was higher, but it was free and nice to be in a live game again.
Closed Thread