The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-05, 09:48 PM
Shark

bdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Points
Default 'cheating software'

I was playing in a tourney and this one guy hit a very nice flop. This other guy said "So-and-so must have the software that allows you to know what the flop is". A player said "Really?" then the guy who hit the flop went "Yeah, it really helps a lot". So, i jumped in and started going on about how i heard that at least 1/3 of the community has it now - i have been holding off because i like the sport of playing, but i figure i will have to break down and buy it. So, then the dork starts going on about how he doesnt see the fun in it, why dont sites stop it, why dont other people buy it, etc. Me and the 'guy who had the software' (who i never met before) just started ad-libbing this whole conversation about it. It was really funny. Someone chimmed in and tried to tell the sucker that we were yanking his chain - i said "Dont listen to him - he is just saying that because he probably has the software too and doesnt want you to know about his edge".

Then this one hand was classic. An early position player raised and the 'guy with the software' went all-in and the raiser called. The 'software' guy had pocket 7s and the raiser had Ax. Well, they both missed the flop - but the Ax hand ended up winning. Then someone says "Hey software guy, where was that 7 on the flop when you went all-in on?" and i jumped in and said "See, that is the other thing about the software - people dont know how to utilize it. I am sure software guy put the raiser on A-rag - the software told him that the flop would not have an ace, so he figured this was a pretty good chance to push. The software was right on the flop - but couldnt predict the turn and river. That software is being beta-tested right now....blah-blah-blah"

It was fun - helped pass the time.