USC vs. Auburn 1 20.00%
Auburn vs. OU 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-04, 01:37 PM
Maniac

Kidd7138 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default BCS Championship Game

What's your choice for the BCS championship game matchup?

EDIT: Personally I take Oklahoma to go up against USC, Auburn had a great year but I think Oklahoma vs. USC would be the most evenly matched game.

Last edited by Kidd7138; 12-05-04 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 01:58 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

As much as I dislike the BCS, they got it right this year as far as the National Championship games goes. How Pitt gets a BCS game is beyond me though, and I don't really care about the automatic bid for the Big Least.
Old 12-05-04, 03:01 PM
Fish

MarkGreb has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

It's probably the right choice but there still needs to be a playoff.
Old 12-05-04, 04:06 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

someone is getting screwed no matter what here, and the playoff is definitely necessary.

i think that auburn will end up getting screwed, and that it is a serious injustice. usc has been great this year, but i think that their schedule has been by far the easiest of the three this year. auburn has beaten everyone on an extremely difficult schedule, and most of the games have been relatively easy wins. not necessarily blowouts, but auburn had those games in control the whole way. oklahoma is pretty much the same deal, whereas usc has struggled a couple of times against not so great teams.

essentially because usc and oklahoma started the year 1-2, and because they didnt get beat, they are going to be playing in the title game. even though auburn has been more impressive this year, they couldnt pass the top two just because the voters are not flexible enough to make these types of changes.
Old 12-05-04, 06:28 PM
Maniac

Kidd7138 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Auburn's had a fantastic overall season, but I'd take Oklahoma over them, and I think when you come into the season ranked #1 then go undefeated it's basically a given that you'll be playing in the national championship game. Either way I think OU is gonna come out on top in the Orange Bowl.
Old 12-05-04, 06:35 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

I see your point Eddo, but not having USC in the title game?? I don't know about that. We could probably argue about Auburn and Oaklahima, but USC? I am not a USC fan at all and honestly think they have no claim to a National Championship from last year, not even a split. The rules are very clear that the winner of the BCS title game is the National Champion, we don't have to like it, but we all play by the same rules. LSU was the National Champ last year.
Old 12-05-04, 09:09 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i just think that usc got screwed last year, and this year the voters are compensating them for it. to leave a team at the top of the rankings because they were there in the preseason just doesnt make sense. look at the rest of the top 10, including disappointing teams like georgia, lsu, miami, ohio state and florida. the preseason ranking are a joke, and to decide the national champion partially because of those rankings is also a joke.
Old 12-05-04, 10:03 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i gotta go with USC vs Auburn, but the BCS is gonna go with OU vs USC, despite the great year put together by auburn.
Closed Thread