The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-08, 08:17 PM
<--------- dickhead

stormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default my wsop trip

I had planned on attending this years wsop since last years ended, this was supposed to be my trip to play a week worth of poker non stop. Somehow my wife, my son, my daughter, my brother in law and my mom and stepdad ended up coming....dont ask me how. I had put a ton of volume in online poker about 2 weeks before I was supposed to go and my wife decided that June 15 should be our day to spend together. Wouldnt you know it June 15 was the 2nd day of the $1500 event. Well to be fair to my wife I decided I would not play in this years WSOP and just hang out with my buddies, meet people and spend time with family. Here is my trip.

TRAVEL

I work for a airline so travel for my family and I are free, I used my buddie pass's for my brother in law. The only problem is we fly stand-by which means if the flight fills up we can not go. So we get to the airport and pretty much every flight to Vegas is overbooked, we cant even fly to other stations to get to Vegas because all the transfer routes are overbooked. Now I can not fly a lot or I go crazy, I cant stand to be in a airplane all day, my mom found a route going through like New Orleans, Phenoix and then Vegas, not sure about New Orleans but it was some smaller station like that. This would mean 2 days of flying which I just can not do. So I told my wife to go ahead and I would meet them there in couple days, its easier for me alone to get around then with group. I showed up 2 days later with no problems.

WSOP

This was my 1st year going to wsop, with online poker I never really was too interested in the wsop. Sure there is the braclet and stuff but I didnt think it was that big of a deal. Hell I could play the Sunday Million and make 1/3 of a $1500 buy-in for like $200. Man was I wrong, completley wrong, soon as I got there I realized how great this place was. And of course I wanted to join events soooo bad but couldnt or I would face the wrath of my wife. I was with my Friend Chuck and he said just join this event with me if you make 2nd day you wife will understand. After I got done laughing at him I said no she wont she has bought show tickets. Ok so I railed Chuck his 1st day of event 27, his table was in back so I wasnt able to see the play but I watched a table close to the rail. He came running up to the rail about 3 hours in and said Phil Hellmuth was going to be at his table, Now I dont get thrilled about pros that often but I do get thrilled about online pros.

The way I think about it is, online pros never really helped me improve. I was brought up through online poker and the online pros are the ones that improved my play. I learned through forums like this one and cardrunners, because of this when I overheard someone mention the name "lilholdem" and I looked right and saw I was excited. I talked to him and told him that he taught me to play poker, which is true I used to watch him multi table online. No I didnt know his hold cards but I did learn a lot about position aggression from him.

I really really enjoyed this years wsop even though I didnt play but I do plan on playing next year for sure. I told my wife im coming out without kids next year.

Zumanity

We went to New York New York for dinner and a show, the dinner was amazing. But it could not even come close to the show, the girls were topless the entire show pretty much but after 10 minutes you really dont realize they are. The shows just that good, we were sitting in the front row so we got involved in the show at the begining, one of the preformers handed me a dildo and we had a cock fight. My wife was embarassed I could tell but me I could care less, hell I will never see these people again so who the hell cares. If you havent seen this show though I recomend going with someone your real intimate with becuase its very sexual.

thats pretty much my quick update thanks for reading.

Last edited by stormswa; 06-17-08 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-17-08, 11:26 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I'm glad you had a good time Brian, but I feel the need to call you out on a few of the things you said. I think for at least 3 years, you have done the "Next year" song and dance about playing in the WSOP and about how it would be a dream, so I find it very strange for you to say you've never cared about it. I also think that whole "day with the wife" thing is a complete crock too. You had been planning this trip for a long time so you could play in the WSOP... completely doing a 180 top spend "Day 2" of the event you wanted to play in with your wife makes no sense. I'm sure there was anothre reason.

It doesn't matter or anything, but it was just weird reading so many (IMO) outright lies in your trip report... Oh, and if the getting all excited about online pros thing is true, then LOL.

Seriously though, I'm glad you had a good time... I just wish you hadn't felt the need to be dishonest in your trip report. No one is judging you or anyone else for not being able to afford to plunk down $1500 on a WSOP tourney (or choosing to spend the money otherwise or whatever).

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 06-17-08, 11:28 PM
comatose but audible

MAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsMAYHEM45 has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

Surprised you missed the could care less.
Old 06-17-08, 11:58 PM
<--------- dickhead

stormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

no I actually can afford to Mark and I did play some cash games while I was there but it was my wifes 30th birthday and on my 30th birthday she did what I wanted to. To be fair to her I did the same thing, I was with her the entire day one the 15th from the time we woke up to the time we kinda went to bed. I have the money and yes I do get excited when I see someone that I have followed online for years and feel I have learned something from. Trust me I dont like If I dont have the money for something I would come right out and say it. You of all people know im not dishonest when it comes to money, I might of been in the past but now im not.

I really dont know how I can exactly prove it to you but I can garantee you that June 15th is both of our birthdays and I spent them with her. On the 16th I went back to Rio to watch the Final Table of the $1500 though.

your right though I used to care a lot about playing in wsop but that was when I played live a lot more. Over the last 2 years I have pretty much only played online just because its easier for me and over that time I really havent given much care to WSOP at all. I dont even watch it on TV anymore but after being there this year I really have the urge to play it. I garantee you I will be in at least 1 event next year.

Last edited by stormswa; 06-18-08 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-18-08, 12:05 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Seems like a pretty poorly planned trip for you to play in the WSOP then.

Better luck next year. Or the next. Or the next.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 06-18-08, 12:13 AM
<--------- dickhead

smartass.

yes very poorly planned to be honest on my part, very well planned by my wife. I was totally burnt out from poker to be honest so I wasnt that upset when my wife told me she wanted to go do this and do that but after seeing it kinda really wanted to play. So the only events I could get into were.

$1500 NL = 3 day even running over the 15th
$5k rebuy= YEA right, but way to go omgclayaiken for taking down a tough final table.
$2500 6 max= this was above what I wanted to put in a tourney, otherwards dont have the money for it.

those were only 3 events I could play, the trip was supposed to be planned around me playing but that changed because hell my wife only turns 30 once and I can play poker anytime.
Old 06-18-08, 09:29 AM
I'm on a boat

Reel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Dude.