The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-07, 12:35 AM
Rock

hackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Hand Discussion as a Book

I thought this would make an interesting and informative idea for a book. Point me in the right direction if it's already been done.

The book could be structured much the same way the "Hand Discussion" section of this website is. A hand would be shown in its entirety showing only one person's cards. Of course I'm thinking about a NLHE cash game as I write this, because that's what I am studying and most of my thoughts relate directly to this. I also think it should include all information, such as VPIP/PFR/AGR for each player at the table, as well as stack size. Then after hands are shown, various pros and celebs could give their insight as to how they would play it and why, in their particular style. That way we could see examples of squeeze, floating, and other what I consider to be higher level concepts in practice. It would also serve to show the differences in style which can both be profitable in the long run. There could be numerous puzzles and exercises included where generally a single answer is correct, with ranges and possible hands shown for all included.

I feel that the book would be better the longer the discussion following each hand is, so we could get a thorough analysis of everything that goes through a pro's head at the table.

Just an interesting idea I came up with while "always thinking about poker", rule 11 on some list of tips to become a better player that I was reading.

Note to Self - Play ABC Poker.
Closed Thread