The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-06, 04:41 PM
Banned

X-Longshot-X has between -10 and 0 Rep Points
Default Home Game Update

Well After another bad week last week i got some more confidence again....i was beggining to think that maybe i couldnt beat the game like i origonally thought. Last week i bout in 4 times with $3.00 and lost all 4 buy ins on suckouts and was out in 45 minutes.........I coulda kept playing but i decided it wasnt my week. Well i went back last night to take one more shot at it. I bought in with 3 and lost it. rebought for 5 and thats when it happened..........I know many of you have been playing poker for a while and have this happen all the time but this was my first. I slipped into some sort of zone, I was extremely focused. I was calling in the right spots, folding when i was beat and making the moves when i had to. I dont know what it was but it was great. I just felt like nothing could bring me down...I was up $20 in 2 hours and ready to cash out. We Played one last hand and i was Dealt AQ....i shoulda folded and taken my money but i got antsy, i raised it up and got RR all in, I knew i shoulda folded it and called it a night, my gut told me to. But i didnt listen. I thought and thought, even put him on Queens before i called. He turned over KK and i didnt improve so i only left up a dollar, But over all this week was well worth the time and money lost last week. I got a huge confidence booster and started to get some good reads on people. Im just glad it came this week becuase i was thinking about quitting......Now i just gotta see if i can slip into my zone week after week and crush this game...
Old 03-20-06, 04:52 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I'm glad to hear you found your zone, but that fact that you so easily slipped out of it and decided to CALL and all in reraise with AQ? Yikes! You couldn't really think he had AJ or worse, so that leaves some coinflips (if he's very aggressive) or hands that you are in VERY bad shape again. Best case scenario though, you are only a little bit behind. This should have been a clear fold for you.

Not trying to bring you down or anything... just saying that maybe you get a little too loose or a little too much gamble in you after a big winning night. It's something to be aware of, that's all.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread