The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > Poker on TV
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-04, 10:43 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

You think she's cute? I think she looks like a devil or imp or something.

Lederer is a good player, the guy is stone cold, n emotion at all. I think he is actually a little TOO tight though, if that is posible.
Old 11-18-04, 07:16 AM
Shark

bigjohnstud2o has less than 10 Rep Points
Default ummmm

yes annie is hot. Not in some pics. If you saw WSOP 03 then you saw the little vidoe of her life in 5 mins. She is definately "bangable". Hell she is more than that. Plus she plays poker and WINS
Old 11-18-04, 08:09 AM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

We now get poker on TV every night over here (thank god) and watch some of the top tournaments around the world. For me Phil hellmuth is a fascinating player to watch and the I like most.

Jim.
Old 11-18-04, 03:58 PM
Fish

jjhooksjj has less than 10 Rep Points
Default Best

If I needed one player to win a large tournament right now I would take Daniel Negreanu followed by John Juanda. For cash games, the choice is more disputable. Chip Reese has done well, as has Ivey, along with Todd Brunson, Ted Forrest, and Chau Giang.
Old 11-18-04, 06:12 PM
Shark

jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!

OMFG you sick fuck, first off all u are perverted, second off all she is discusting lol
Old 11-19-04, 04:51 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Gotta love Barry Greenstein. Anyone who can play successfully in the biggest cash games in the world, and then donate all of your winnings to truly worthwhile charities, is the man in my book. I know this story has gotten some pub., but this is truly amazing what he is doing. I would love to see some sort of movie/show about his life. With the current poker craze, couldnt we hear talk about this, instead of talk of a sitcom about Annie Dukes life?
Also, I envy Dewey Tomko. At some point many years ago he was a top tier player. He was a kindergarten teacher (I taught elementary phys. ed), then he retired to play golf, and win money playing golf while watching his kids grow up, coached all the sports (as I have), then returned to the upper echelon (spelling?) of poker. Ya, not a bad life I'd say.
Old 11-21-04, 04:06 PM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i agree
Old 11-21-04, 06:05 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

His tourny winnings are very small compared to his cash game winnings. Also at most big tournys he has side bets of upto 1m to last longer then some of his friends. Yes he donates money but he makes such a big thing out of it.
Old 11-26-04, 02:31 PM
Fish

MarkGreb has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

My favorite is Gus Hansen. He's the best loose player I've ever seen. He'll be into the pot with nothing.
Old 11-26-04, 05:03 PM
Rock

he doesnt make that big of a deal out of it, whenever ive seen him talk about it hes pretty humble about it... plus, who else does something like that? no other poker player risks that much money to win tournaments, just to give all his winnings to charity. youre pretty critical of him, whens the last time you donated 1st prize money in a 5k buyin tournament to charity?

-jB
Old 11-26-04, 06:56 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

He plays the big tournys to win not for money, esp when he plays the highest cash games in the world daily. All i am saying is its nothing to him.

As for when was the last time i donated charity? I bet i donate more time and money % of my income then he ever will.
Old 11-30-04, 12:34 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default hey

I like alot of players mostly daniel think he is very smart player but CANT STAND PHIL, I would be happy if he just quit poker all together did you see when he tried to talk to Doyle...look at expression on Doyles face like get this moron away from me NOW. He is such a jerk to people then tries to be there friends like with annie during toc was like annie is my friend i love her to death but she is so lucky, make up your freaking mind moron. Annie just outplayed him left and right. All you people hate Annie but she dosent have the kind of money she does from just being lucky I mean she has placed pretty high in all the tornaments she has been involved in. Think alot of people are just afraid because she is a female and could kick all there butts.
Old 11-30-04, 02:37 AM
Rock

uhh no one here ever called her lucky, people said they didnt like her because of her conduct at the table / what daniel negreanu has said about her / because shes a cunt.

-jB

(edit) you dont see people here bashing harman or violette because they're women, they are better sports than annie and nicer people (from what we've seen on tv and read). nobody is singling annie out becuase shes a woman, people single her out because she plays dirty and doesnt act like a professional.

Last edited by johnbaker; 11-30-04 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-30-04, 02:45 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default actully

actully in a previous thread it was stated she was a cunt because she has 4 kids which is the dumbest statment any moron could say because having kids in no way makes you a cunt.
Old 11-30-04, 03:35 AM
Maniac

Gutzz has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I like Daniel Negreanu, he's without a doubt my fav player.

Cheers,

Gutzz
Old 11-30-04, 03:52 AM
Fish

hime has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I would be Marcel's girlfriend. Or boyfriend. He cracks me up.

I also like Hoyt Corkins for no real reason.
Old 12-01-04, 11:09 PM
Donkey

DaTruPoker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

My favorite players are Matusow, Juanda, and Greenstein

I love how Matusow shows such a great love for the game, but it is a true shame that he can not get his act together and show what a great player he is.

Juanda- I have talked to him on AIM and that is cool that he actually talks to a fan. I think its awesome that if he reads weakness at all pre flop he will just move all in with any 2 cards.

Greenstein is the robin hood. How can you not like a guy who donates all his tourney winnings? Also his stone cold poker face is rare.

I am biased towards Matusow and Greenstein as they are both Jewish and I kind of look up to them in that sense.

However, right now it looks like Daniel is the best player. However, Juanda is also in a damn good streak.
Old 12-02-04, 12:56 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

this has to be the strangest grouping of players possible. i didnt think that i would ever see matusow, juanda and greenstein on the same list. im not sure that you could find two players who appear to be any more different than matusow and greenstein.
Old 12-02-04, 02:38 AM

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

How can you donate more than 100%?? Am I missing something. I actually just watched the replay tonight of when he won the world poker open, and I am more impressed with him than ever. It talked about how he wanted to get custody of his step kids, and it would have been tough given his profession, so he went to school, got a degree, and became a successful computer software programmer. Wow! He sponsors more than 1500 kids around the world. How can anyone say anything negative about him at all? I dont get it. Its the tv networks that pump up this robin hood thing, not him. I agree with the other poster, he is very humble about it. He wins the WPO and donates whatever it was $1.3 mil. and you say its nothing to him. CMON. I know you werent bashing him Taja, but anything sort of nominating him for Pope is a mistake.
Old 12-02-04, 03:05 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

he doesnt give 100% of his winnings to charity, he gives 100% of his tournament winnings to charity. i am not trying to say that this is a bad thing, in fact it is extremely thoughtful and he should be praised for it.

but the fact is, he is considered to be a great cash game player, and he makes most of his money playing cash games. the tournament winnings, while highly publicized (by the networks, not by himself), are probably a drop in the bucket compared to what he makes overall. it is a tremendous act, but he doesnt give anywhere close to 100% of his winnings to charity.
Old 12-02-04, 04:45 PM
Donkey

DaTruPoker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I know I know. I just like them all. I mean each has their own unique way at the table and I admire all of them.
Old 12-02-04, 06:10 PM
Calling Station

brokeagain has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

[quote=Aequitas58] Too bad he isn't a better tournament player.

Get your head out of yous ass please. Sure he has had a slow tourney year this year. Where do you think Juanda or Negreanu will be this time next year? Runs in cycles. Ivey is fearless and imo has plenty braclets to come.
Old 12-02-04, 06:11 PM
Calling Station

brokeagain has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

[quote=Talking Poker]Do you guys have favorite poker players? Who do you think the best player in the world is?

Amir Vihedi is str8 up PIMP
Old 12-03-04, 02:26 PM

thanks for clarification eddo. he is still the man in my book. I find myself liking the players for different reasons that their tv persona. I like Barry for the above reasons, Dewey Tomko, Dan Harrington, Howard L. Not exactly the most colorful personalities I know but I envy them for other reasons than if they are talkative/gregarious at the tables etc.
Closed Thread