The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > Poker on TV
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-04, 09:50 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Phil Hellmuth did a awesome job covering events back when ESPN were at the events live and they werent tape delayed for 2 months. Phil would always join the booth and give his insight. if anyone has seen the WSOP Scotty Nguyen won, Phil Hellmuth calls both players cards and this was without the hole cams, it was pretty remarkable.
Old 10-24-04, 05:08 AM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

yeah its cheesy but we still have to watch it... stupid espn
Old 10-26-04, 05:55 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

The Ultimate Poker Challenge has a different player on every week to do commentary, and I think they do a great job. Off the top of my head, I can recall them having Robert Williamson, Mike Matusow, CLonie Gowin, Jennifer Harmon, and there are others i cant remember. I thought Williamson did a great job...he certainly isnt dull, as anyone who watched the WSOP will attest to
Old 10-30-04, 06:02 PM
Rock

the announcing on the WPT is a joke.... they should air seperate versions where you can ONLY hear Mike sexton, and not fucking vince van patten.... i cant even imagine how many producers he mustve slept with to get that job, but it worked, and now we have to bear listening to his dumb ass call J9o a 'pretty good hand' after a raise and a reraise....

-jB
Old 11-12-04, 08:58 PM
Shark

jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!

I like the WPT guys better than the ESPN guys. Norman Chad can be funny at times, but they are mostly annoying. They guys on the WPT always go get excited over nothing on purpose. I love it. Everything out of Vince Van Patten's mouth is "What an amazing play", even if it's perfectly average.
Old 11-13-04, 02:52 AM
Donkey

Chutups has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I think ESPN tries to make it really dramatic.
Old 11-30-04, 06:17 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

[quote=2Tone]At risk of repeating what has been well covered in a lot of other places, there are A LOT of reasons for online players not like Dutch.[/QUOT
I do not know what happened with Dutch Boyd and how he screwed some people. I keep seeing reference to it, but dont know what happened. Someone send me a message please or post a link to something that will give me the 411.
TY
Old 11-30-04, 06:26 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

You guys defend Norman Chad for just doing what his producers tell him to do; but you get all over Vince. Why do you think they are always saying 'this is amazing poker you are seeing here" and "they'll be talking about this dramatic poker hand for the next 50 years". Of course they are all trying to play to this new generation of poker players. They do tend to overdo it a bit on the WPT, but I could watch them anyday instead of Norman Chad and Lon. Greatest quote from VVP. someone was dealt QQ,"we call this West Holywood, a couple of queens" Classic.
Old 11-30-04, 10:33 PM
Rock

obviously wsop announcing is worse than wpt, with norman chad saying "matias anderson has pocket 6s, o look dan harrington has pocket 9s... those are upside down 6's by the way" and that hick lon saying "ha ha ha, dan knows how to play the 6's AND the 9's"

still, mike sexton is the only source of sanity on wpt annoucing, because vince van patten doesnt understand the game at all... hes honestly on the same level as my 13 year old brothers(no typo theyre twins), they say the same things and value the same types of hands.

-jB
Closed Thread