The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-07, 03:14 PM
Shark

Ando05 has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsAndo05 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default My tourney week in review

I don't usually play a lot of tourneys, but I know that I can make more money playing tourneys then cash games, since I guess I am better at it. So I decided on the first day of August that I would play at least one tourney everyday. I think this was my best decision I made in poker. So far I have played about 6 or 7 tourneys, I have cashed in 3 of them, and I almost final tabled all 3! So here are the results of the tourneys I cashed in.

8/02/07- 180 People SnG, it's big enough for me to count it as a tourney, in this tourney I was short stacked maybe the whole time, but eventually made a comeback, at heads up the guy had a 13:1 chip lead on me, but I made a comeback and actually got 2:1 chip lead on him, but I made couple of mistakes and I finished that tourney second.

Buy-in: 4.40, Position: 2/180 Winnings: $144.00, Profit: $139.60

8/03/07- It was the $11, $15,000 guaranteed, 10 minute blind interval tourney, I decided to enter because I wanted to see if I can play a tourney where it's a little faster than usual, since I am sort of a deep stack kind of a tourney player. Anyway 1957 people entered in this tourney, and 180 people got paid. With around 300 to go I think my position was 250th, so my goal at that point was just to make the money, when I made the money my goal was to make the next stage of the money level, I took it one step at a time, when it was down to around 50 people I gave myself a chance to make the final table. So I did it was down to 9, and I was 6th, then 2 people got out quickly, with 7 people to go I was in 4th position, BB came around to me and what do I see, KK. The guy in the first position minimum raises, another guy in middle position calls, blinds btw were at 20k/40k, I had about 400k in front of me. So when it came around to me I pushed, even if everyone folded I would have picked up a nice 200k pot, but the middle position guy called me w/ AK, and A spiked on the flop, this pot was for the chip lead, but instead I got knocked out 7th. I was not disappointed, but I was not happy either.

Buy-in: $11, Position: 7/1957, Winnings: $587.11, Profit: $576.11

8/05/07- This tourney was 1AM in the morning. But I decided to play since we all started w/ 3000 chips. I loved this tourney, actually not much happen until it was down to about 80 people, top 63 got paid, and I was in like 60th place, again I picked up KK in the D button, I thought this would be perfect if I raised and BB or SB think I am stealing and re-raise, now that is exactly what happens, we go all in my KK vs A10s, flop 756, turn 6, river BAM A, and I was basically crippled, I basically had no other choice so I went all in the next hand w/ 46, and got called by AA, gg me right? Well not really flop 4710, turn K, river OMG 6!! I start stealing a couple of pots after that and I make it in the money, my chip stack is healthy w/ a little shorter than average. I get QQ, I raise, someone pushed, I call, he has AK, and I was really surprised that my QQ actually held up, and I was double the average stack, and I was 4th with 36 to go. I made a couple of mistakes with the big stack and lost a bit of my chips, but no worries I get KK, just like last time, the guy in first position raised, someone called, and I re raised, first position folds the other guy calls w/ AK, and my KK holds!! I was 5th with 26 to go, I was thinking to myself 3 final tables in a row would just be insane, then a critical hand came up, I had AQ in the BB, everyone folds and SB limps, this is when I made the mistake and decided to check, and if A came on the flop I would bet or raise, if not the pot is his, flop came AJ4, the guy bet out, I raised he called, turn 5, he bets I just call, and river 8, he bets a little bigger, and I just call, he shows 32 for the straight, now I am short stacked again, with less than 5BBs I decide to push the next A high, so I get A4, I push QQ calls me, flop A23, turn 8, river LOL Q! So I ended up getting 14th in this tourney, but overall I really wanted to make the final table.

Buy-in: $33, Position: 14/508, Winnings: $106.68, Profit: $73.68

Net Profit: $789.39
Old 08-05-07, 03:35 PM
Shark

Spidey44 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpidey44 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpidey44 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpidey44 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpidey44 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Damn, nice run. Keep it up!
Closed Thread