The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-08, 08:30 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default Maybe old news, maybe not (UB superuser account)

I know I didn't visit the forum for a while and this was probably discussed in detail, but I thought the new (?) news was worth discussing.

Turns out one of the owners of the superuser account was very possibly Russ Hamilton (past main event winner and UB founder/part owner).

I think this takes the whole situation to and entire new level. There are threads on 2+2 and Pocket 5's about this so I won't bore you with details you can find elsewhere, but I would say:

This guy has a big problem if this is true, gamblers have their own sort of justice for this kind of thing.

WTF is wrong with you when you make a zillion dollars a second in rake and still feel the need to cheat your customers for more money!

The guy who cracked the story/stories on all of this shoule immediatly be hired by Stars or FTP to run security or at least as an advisor, he did a hell of a job on this without being on the payroll.

Sick......
Old 07-13-08, 11:16 AM
Forum Addict

Wes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Yeah pretty sick. Russ Hamilton seems like a mega scumbag.
so far
Old 07-13-08, 12:51 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

I only know what I've read on forums about this, which means I don't really KNOW anything, but from what I have read it looks like Freddy Deeb is shoulder deep in this as well, which is not suprise.

Hamilton and TJ Cloutier have had rumored shady dealings in the past, I wonder if his name will come up in this at all?

I don't see how anyone plays there anymore. I realize the fine, upstanding, all around nice person(/sarcasm) Annie Duke is there spokesperson, but I just can't see playing there ever again.

Maybe, just maybe our gov't could do the right thing and legalize on-line poker and regulate it so this doesn't happen again. That would be radical, but it's worth a shot.
Old 07-13-08, 01:39 PM
Banned

thadeas1 has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

UB & AP are so shady, I also can not understand why people trust them with there money.

UB even hired JohnnyBax and Rizen to help increase the profile of the site and then shortly after Rizen quit, something is deffinately not right with that company.

Also on the P5's podcast recently Annie Duke was saying all sites have problems and said something about her brothers site which is FTP and the BOT stuff that went on there. I think she failed to relise that it is possible to beat a BOT (very hard to do but can be done, phil laak has done it) but it is basically imposibly to beat someone who can see your cards.

Also she said she was proud to work for a company like UB that didn't try to keep it covered up and dealt with it, well sure they didn't, I mean after all when it happened on AP they didn't hide it did they and they dealt with it? err no they bloody didn't. The only reason UB was more upfront was coz they had to be and they obviously didn't think the same line of approach could work since it didn't the first time for AP.

I think the company that owns AP/UB should be shut down.

thadeas.
Old 07-13-08, 03:28 PM
Shark

Spuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I would have to say that Pokerstars and FullTilt seem like the only trustworthy sites IMO. Can't go wrong playing their
Old 07-16-08, 05:13 PM
Banned

thadeas1 has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

there are some seriously long threads about this on p5's and 2+2, one of the guys who helped bring this stuff out in the open (Nat Arem) has even been threatened.

I think its time to stop using AP/UB (if anyone still is playing there).

thadeas.
Closed Thread