The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-05, 12:29 PM
Shark

johnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default An accomplishment that almost eclipses TP's...

So I cashed in my first sizable (to me) MTT last night. Placed 16th out of about 330 in the $30 buyin $9500 guaranteed. Got a big $78.00 payday. So, I'll be keeping everybody posted in the coming year as I make my run at the main event. I was pretty proud of myself actually, didn't really get any cards to play with at the end, but I never put my money in with the worst hand.

I actually made one of the better calls of my short poker career, when the SB limped and I was in the BB with K5o; nobody else was in the pot. He had typically been trying to buy every pot when we were in a similar situation, usually stealing preflop if he had anything half-decent, but also slow-playing big hands. So the flop came 779 and I bet 2/3 pot after he checked. He immediately went all-in for his last 400 or so. This was a little more than the size of the pot, and I just knew that I was ahead. I called and he showed 85 for a gutshot that didn't hit.

(Sorry I don't have a hand history, I somehow misplaced it in my computer)

Anyway, this is my first post in about 2 months or so, because I was in Ecuador for a while, thinking about everything BUT poker, but now I'm back, and I hope to start making actual contributions to the forum instead of just lurking. So if anybody (TP?) wants to back me in the Main Event next year based on the results you've seen so far, just let me know.

JP
Closed Thread