The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Admin > TP Suggestions/Problems
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-04, 08:13 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default TalkingPoker.com

Funny enough it was my first time looking at the actual website today.

The site looks very clean and efficient but I think it lacks true content, or atleast enough dynamic content to substain anyform of decent repeat traffic. Most of the content is aimed at making you money (fair enough) but these sites are ten to a penny unless you put real effort into them.

The few items that dont have referal links in are facts and figures about poker. Are people gonna come to talkingpoker to look at the odds on poker hands?

Chip tricks section contains no pics or vids, needs updating! No one is gonna bother reading it otherwise.

You should add a news section that maybe has some up-to-date content, or a kinda web-blog that gives people a diary of your poker life, all good stuff and it attracts people to come back again and again.

Get some peeps involved to write or develop decent content for you, there are a few on the forums that would be more than willing to help out I am sure of that.

Articles on the latest tournys, stuff we dont get to read on EVERY other poker website would be really good. Not hard to give us inside stories from the major events.

Get people to write articles for you on the forums, and pick the best to be published. Offer incentives for great articles.

I can't emphesis (or spell it for that matter) how important interesting dynamic content is to a website. If you want to make serious money and generate lots of traffic build it up so peeps visit the site everyday for updates and stuff they would find hard to read elsewhere. Sounds easy but takes hard work and effort.

PS. this is not meant to be a complete dis of your site, just some friendly advice from someone who has worked for various websites a number of years. I was webmaster on a very large site generating 3m impressions a month just after I graduated () and we alway believed content is king!
Old 12-03-04, 09:21 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Thanks for the tips. You're not telling me anything I don't know (believe me), but I appreciate the tips anyway. There is a LOT I'd like to add to the site, but this forum is supposed to be the main thing. Before I got this up and running, I figured I might as well have my affiliate links in place to help defer some of the costs, so that came next. The stuff like Odds, Rules, Terms - that's more for search engine appeal than to impress you.

I wrote all the chip tricks stuff, and I plan to add pics/videos some day... The 2004 WSOP photos are entirely exclusive to this site, as I shot them all myself. I've started adding articles (I did ask for volunteers here, but didn't get much feedback), and I plan on adding interviews soon too. These things take time though, so be patient....

Again, thanks for the feedback. It's all in the works. This site isn't my primary source of incomne, so it's not always top priority for me. But believe me, I want it to be a kick ass site more than you... It will be, in time. I guarantee it.

Oh, about this though:

Are you volunteering??? Cause I think that would be a lot more work than you are suggesting (I don't go to ALL the tourneys - do you?). And that's what this forum is for anyway - the latest and greatest news. Why post current event stuff on that part of the site, when a forum is a perfect place for it?

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread