The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-07, 08:07 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points
Default 5th in live MTT

I played in a live MTT today and placed 5th/176 for $700+.

The field was a mix of tight older guys (regulars), a few good TAG players, LAG donks (not good LAG), and other random ok and bad players. I played super tight for a while and didn't show down any bluffs at all (actually I pushed over a limper with KQ and folded out a small PP which would have hit a set to take me out, so you could call that a bluff in the situation).

Couple of interesting hands. I was blinded down pretty low at one point with about 100 left and was in M with about 4.5BBs. I was dealt 44 and a big stack (tricky player) limped and then a pretty tight smaller (more than me) min raised. I thought for a minute and then mucked the 4s figuring that one/both of them could easily have me crushed with a bigger pair and there were still 4-5 to act behind. As I was mucking them I remembered that I had just counted my chips and I had exactly 4400 after the antes. Dealt 44 with 4400 left in chips OF COURSE the flop would be 448!!! FUCK ME!

I think I actually had to go through the blinds with absolute junk and raises in every hand and then I got Q5s with 5+ limpers in front. I only had 2BBs but, I figured I was not forcing anyone out anyway so I just called. I was not planning on folding with ANY part of the flop in any case. I flopped an draw inside straight draw and a BDFD and tossed in my last BB or so even with a raise and AI in front. The flop was HUGE at that point, so I would estimate that I was very close to having odds to call even with such a crappy draw. Rivered the J to take down a HUGE main pot and be right back in it with an average+ stack.

Nothing major, just played solid and chipped up after that. Called a few SS all ins with them crushed to boost the stack at the right times, etc, etc.

Final table was pretty crazy starting with talk of a 10 way chop for 2nd-3rd place money for everyone. A few were not into that so we played on.

I raised in EP/MP with AQ and it folded around to the chip leader who pushed over the top. I made a very tight laydown given the likelihood he might have been bullying. Couple of hands later he did the same thing to someone else, so I think he might have been weaker (but he could have also had a PP for a race too, so whatever).

Blinded down a bit and then raised with AK and the other chip leader did the same thing and I called. He had AQ and I doubled through. Note this for later.

Nothing for a bit and it is 6 handed and I have KQ and make the same raise and the same chip leader pushes in. Now, I know this guy is paying attention and and with my similar raise/call with AK I didn't see why he would do this with less than KQ since he knows he will be crushed if I call. Again, maybe a race, but I decided to give him credit for something that could have me dominated and folded. I did want to call though.

5 handed and 3rd in chips limps. I look down at AK and push for a standard raise plus a little. It folds back around and he thinks and gives the standard "let's gamble" and calls with 9Ts. He hits a 9 on the flop, I turn a K and he gets his straight on the river.

As I walk away with a good payday, happy to get it all in with the best hand, they start talking chip count deal.

I like live play, but I do find that I miss the chipcounts and ability to see everything going on at a glance. I got some good reads on players that paid off in a few spots that I would not have had online. But, that combined with the larger fee/buyin ratio I think I will stick primarily to online for now.

http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/blog.php?u=64
Old 11-24-07, 08:11 PM
Title-free

bunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

WTG!
Old 11-24-07, 09:32 PM
Rock

herschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsherschelw has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Congrats. As a side note with 44 you should have been allin with M 5 or lower imo.
Old 11-27-07, 12:56 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Nice.

One of these days I'm going to swing by the dog track and see how the poker room is. Now that they have NL cash games ($100 max, I think), it might at least be a little bit of fun. They have decent MTTs too - assuming you don't mind paying like 35% juice.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread