The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-08, 08:18 AM
Thousand Post Club

VeryMoonFunk has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsVeryMoonFunk has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsVeryMoonFunk has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsVeryMoonFunk has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default An Interesting Strategy..... worth it?

I thought of an interesting strategy last night while playing a STT. I'm sure this kind of situation would not come up too often, but maybe more so for people who play lots of SnGs. Basically the idea is to make sure that when you get to three people and you have a nice chiplead, you basically to try ensure that you get the worse player heads up. I find that it is pretty easy to identify the playing style of a very bad player by this part in the tournament. Usually this type of player is extremely predictable, so if we get him heads up, we will win more than 50% of the time for sure, probably much more.

So here's my question: Let's say you're the chipleader of a STT, and you have 9.5k of the 13,500 in chips in play. The predictable player has 1400 and the other guy, a solid aggressive player that seems to be playing well, has the remaining 2600. The blinds have just reached 300/600, and unless the predictable player gets lucky and wins a nice pot, you're probably going to end up playing the better player heads up. So is it a good idea to basically chip dump (if you can even call it that in this situation) to the predictable player to try to ensure you get them heads up? Does anyone think this would work significantly more than it backfired? Is this ethical if the both guys are complete strangers and your just doing it for these reasons?

Interested to hear your thoughts on this, has anyone ever thought of this or heard the concept before?