The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-05, 12:41 AM
Back in business!

lightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Points
Default .net or .com

Whats up with all the .net commercials for like partypoker.net and paradisepoker.net when the real things are .com's? How can they advertise they are the biggest when the .com one is? it the same site?....Whats going on?

I even saw that WPT commentator on the partypoker.net commercial.
Old 09-15-05, 12:44 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

.net is non-cash sites, they can't advertise the cash sites.
Old 09-15-05, 12:48 AM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

Actually what it is, the .net contains a link to the .com, thats all it is, a mirror. But they cant advertise for a gambling website, so thats how they get around it.
Old 09-15-05, 07:56 PM
Thousand Post Club

Gordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsGordogg has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

If you download the .net version, it only has play money games. You have to download the .com version to get real money games. My mom just started playing and she downloaded Absolute Poker and played play money for awhile. When she got the hang of it and was ready for real money we couldn't figure out why in the fuck there wasn't any real money tables available. Then one day I was watching her play and a lightbulb appeared over my head. I looked at the address at the top and it said absolutepoker.net. Ahaaa! So she downloaded the .com version and didn't even have to create a new account, it used her old info. Twas cool. Like someone else said, they can't advertise real money sites on TV, but of course the .com versions have play money just like the .net versions. .net=legal advertising.
Closed Thread