The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > Poker on TV
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-04, 11:21 AM
Fish

parskynhutch has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Ellix Powers is the man

HAHAHAHAH He's the best. I started cracking up when he was making fun of McManus "He called me with JACK HIGH" and then went out for a smoke. Even "World" thought it was jokes. LOL what a champ. Ellix Powers is the man.
Old 12-04-04, 01:33 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

It was actually Queen high and if I remember right Powers didn't have much better. As far as he goes, well if you like that sort of thing then have at it, to each his own.
Old 12-04-04, 02:07 PM
Fish

parskynhutch has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Nah I know it was Queen high, I thought it was funny that he didn't realize that, cuz he was too busy getting up to go for a smoke...Anyways, as far as various people's table antics are concerned....from a player's point of view i'm indifferent.....and from a fan's point of view i think its funny to watch
Old 12-04-04, 02:37 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Wasn't he the black geezer with long dreads who kepy doing odd things like rasing before seeing his cards?

The player that called him with q high was a poker journalist who thought he was disrespecting the game and got a bit rattled up. Ellix powers is nothing more then a cheap hustler who had his 2mins of fame.
Old 12-04-04, 03:02 PM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

Im with Taja on that. The reason Jonny World loved him is that if you dont let him get you on tilt, hes easy money.

BTW I was wondering, if hes right off the street, how does he cough up the buyin???? Mug people for it?

Defendant
Old 12-04-04, 05:20 PM
Maniac

Gutzz has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I thought that was kinda funny.

Although I liked the arguement he had about betting in the dark a little more. Especially when he says, "I might start betting in the dark everytime now." Really got under a few players skin.

Regarding JW liking him, I agree.

Cheers,

Gutzz
Old 12-04-04, 06:11 PM
Donkey

DaTruPoker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

fun to watch I think but do not think he can be taken seriously at the poker table
Old 12-06-04, 02:58 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

the funniest thing about that whole scene was the big goof who was kissing Powers' ass, trying to get his 30 sec. of fame. he followed him (and of course the camera) around like a puppy dog saying you got the whole room on tilt, and then kept looking into the camera. Jokers, I tend to agree with McManus, although he shouldnt let it bother him so much, checking/betting in the dark happens every so often. Also, I agree that JW Hennigan was sort of shining people on by saying he is good for poker. He means that he is good for his poker stack.
Old 12-06-04, 11:06 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

hennigan liked powers in that situation because he had position on him. it didnt really matter what powers was doing, because hennigan got to act after him. mcmanus had to deal with powers on his left all day, and i am sure that is part of what wore on him.

plus, hennigan is a gambler himself, so i am sure that he enjoyed someone else at the table who was just giving action left and right.
Old 12-06-04, 09:21 PM
Maniac

Tuff Luck has less than 10 Rep Points

Powers is a joke, but he's definitely interesting to watch. Exactly the type of people ESPN are starting to show off in the WSOP. It's going to be a circus next year.
Old 12-07-04, 01:56 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i thought powers was hilarious, and it is a pretty good strategy to bet in the dark every now and then, i mean you saw what it did to the other players, so anything to get your opponents rattled.
Old 12-07-04, 07:27 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Powers won his seat into the tourney via a sat also he is a very good 7 card stud players at commerce in California so hes not broke or poor anymore. He plays 15/30 stud I believe.
Closed Thread