The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-05, 04:15 PM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Intentionally playing too loose

So, I have been trying the following thing lately:

Pick a session you are going to do this in, also might be advisable to drop down stakes a level or two. Most likely you wont record a winning session, definitely not at first. I wouldnt do it on a full table, 6 is better, also no limit or pot limit is preferrable over limit. Now, make a conscious effort to play 40 - 50 % of hands.

Flame away...

Alright now that you got that out of your system let me say why I do this: Its an exercise, the point being to improve post flop play. I noticed a large improvement in my reads from doing this occasionally, and even started to record winning sessions doing this (however, that might be luck, and I realize if I played tighter I could have won more in those sessions).

What do yall think?
Old 07-05-05, 12:01 AM
Rock

nutbag has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Well with six max, are you including the blinds? Because most peple play high thirties if you include the blinds, so it might not be that much of a jump. This might be a good idea, but only if it is a pretty big decrease in limits and you don't let it affect your play at your normal limits. For me, i'd want to play too many hands when I returned to my normal game.

I did do it at a 1/2 home game that my non-serious poker playing freinds had, because playing tight would be way to boring and useless.

Also, I took this to mean limit. If you were referring to NL, I think a $100-200 player would be able to try a a bunch of different things that they wouldn't want to try at their normal level when they jumped down to a $10-$25, so it might be more helpful for a NL player.
Old 07-05-05, 02:38 AM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

Im talking money put in voluntarily, and i also did mention that this is better tried at no limit, since you have many more options in what to do.
Old 07-05-05, 12:58 PM
WA's most wanted

2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points
Default The other benefit

I think what you stand to gain with this, more than the additional post-flop practice (which you could get just by playing more poker in general), is advertising yourself as a very loose player, and making a lot more money when you flop top two pair or a straight. For that reason, I’d suggest this might be more effective in B&M than online, where not enough of the table will be paying attention.

That said, I won’t be trying it anytime soon.
Closed Thread