The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-06, 03:04 PM
Maniac

Govman6767 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default How true it is

I saw a quote the other day...

If all you can do is wake up in the morning and think about singing then you should be a singer.

But we can't use that

If all you can do is wake up in the morning and think about poker than you should be a poker player....... ( I really love this quote )
but it seems that the super conservative Politically correct government should do all they can to protect the people of society. Would call us problem gamblers.

I really love sites like this where we can talk about our love of the game. It just seems like except for a few TV shows and a poker craze government and society still see's any kind of gambling as the Devil ( I know I know times might be changing but they are changing too slow for me)
Anyone catch oprah winfrey last night it was about problem gamblers who put their house into a slingo bank or gave their son's college fund to the Lucky 777's (sigh) My parents called me and gave me a speech after watching that show about being careful when gambling I've been playing poker for 7 years legally and 20 years total Like TP said about taking time off
I've taken months and months off depending on the situation.

ARRRRGGG i'm blabbling I just wish everytime someone saw a TV show about problem gamblers and hard luck cases I would not have to get a speech from some pastor or parental figure or some jackass who lost 10 dollars on a game of wiffle ball 10 years ago....

If your a good player and make money no matter how obsessed you seem with the game if you LOVE IT and your good at it NEVER EVER STOP no matter how bad society deems to give it to you

We used to be the few but we are growing I don't know any of you personally but you are all my brothers and sisters ( I'd still bust you out of a box of cracker jacks if thats what we were playing for)
Closed Thread