The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-04, 07:33 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default 7 card stud hand...

Not many people play or talk about stud here but here it is anyways...

$3 tourney on PS... like 400 were in and we were down to the final 7. I had like 80K in chips and in 4th position... here is the hand that broke me.

I had KKx and my Kings were hidden, the other guy has xxQ. one person brings in for 2K... I raise to 6K and guy calls and bring in folds.

4th street were blanks... I bet 6K he calls

5th street gives him another Q and he bets 12K and I raise to 24K he calls.

6th street he checks and I put him allin with a 12K bet because I know him checking he doesnt have 2 pair or he would of put himself all in. he flips up xxQxQx and I have KKxxxx

The river brings him another Q and I lose a 120K pot and I am down to about 28K or so.

I played that hand so well and then get screwed on the river. The next hand I get Axx all hearts then get another heart on 4th street... Im allin by 5th street and never get my heart and Im out in 7th place.
Old 11-20-04, 09:13 PM
Maniac

Tilter has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

ouch, so tough, some parts of poker is just luck.
Old 11-21-04, 10:16 PM
Maniac

Kidd7138 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

My first thought would've been to put him all in earlier, but looking at it he probably would have called anything and you got beat on a pretty good play. It baffles me why he'd call your raise while he had queens showing. Tough luck.
Old 11-22-04, 12:10 AM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

the limits were 6K/12K so I was betting and such to put him allin, he had about 50K left... its not like NL HE where you can just go allin lmao. I agree when he had the Qs showing and I raised him, he has to figure he is beat.
Old 11-22-04, 10:29 AM
Proud TeamSWA Member

ChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

He was pot comitted, and simply was hoping his queens were good, when he re-raised you....
Each card on each street you say was an x.
Well, If it's only an x (under queen) than why wouldn't he stay?
He's making a stand is all. (Probably a bit early to make a stand but that was what he was doing).
I really don't think he was looking for that 3rd queen on the river (Although he wasn't complaining).

I also think you put alot more of your stack in then a pair of kings could justify.
This is 7-card stud.... you have to worry about flush, straight but if neither of those are visible, could you beat 2 pair? That is entirely possible, and definitely not unlikely.
Old 11-23-04, 03:10 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Stud!

I like stud. I have only tried low limit (.50/1) versions of it. I would have to think NL Stud would be TOUGH! All in on Card 3 can change so drastically by card 7!

I think you played it right. You have rolled up K's you slow play them. If you have a K in the Pocket and one out, then you raise. Easy. It would have been nice to have some other outs there.. or have made your trips already, but I do not think you played it wrong. He just did not see your hidden cards and did not respect your play.

I guess beats are common in all games.
Old 11-23-04, 03:17 PM
sports betting guy

Yeah it is tough since like if you have a flush draw, you have to remember all the spades or whatever suit you have, have been folded already, etc. I felt I had a really good read on it and knew I had it once he bet with the Qs showing and I raise and he called. Then he checks the next card, at this pt I know I have him.
Closed Thread