The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-06, 09:11 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default home game

ok 1st going into the players then I will tell story, gonna explain them by seats.

seat 1 : decent player, seemed to fold alot. seemed capable of laying down big hands, he was one of the actul decent players.

seat 2: this player I concidered bad, was not able to lay down hands and would limp with big hands. Knew you had to have a big hand to call him because he wouldnt lay it down.

seat 3: really bad player, would call all-ins with any 2. Really had no concept of the game but enjoyed playing.

seat 4: internet free money player, he knew the ABC's of poker but had no concept of position or how to play your stack. Knew I could push this guy around pretty eaisily.

seat 5: another decent player like seat 1, this guy knew how to play.

seat 6: ok this guy knew the basics but he was way too tight of a player, never raised unless he had it and was very predictable.

seat 7: my buddie, I know this guy and exactly how he plays, not worried about him at all because I have played with him so long and he dosent change up his play.

ok so the story, my buddie told me the other day about this $50 by in tourney at his house. I cant play because I cant send anymore money this week because I have already spent too much so I told him I will deal for him. Ok so we get there and he wants to start with 10k chips but hasnt figured out how to value them yet. So I take about 20 minutes figuring all that out for them and set the chips in front.

ok so the buy in was $50 with 7 people in it so $350 paying out top 2 spots, not going to go totally into the tourney but just say seat 4 ran it whole time and seat 2 limped with AA then busted with it when someone flopped full house with Q3. Well it got down to heads up and the more experienced seat 5 ended up comming back from a like 6-1 chip disadvantage to win.

Ok so I got tipped about $40 and was actully able to play the next $20 tourney with 8 people now. Pretty much just let the guys bust out over and over and didnt get involved in a big hand, had JT suited and limped with it. the very aggresive seat 4 stated he was going all in and I told him do it I wil call. Of course I wouldnt but really didnt want him to raise, he raised a little so I decided to just call. Flop came down JTX and I bet big, weak player call and origional raiser folded, I state im all in blind knowing weak player will call. turn is a A and origoinal better said damn so guess he had ace. Weak player calls with KT with gutshot and better 2 pair draw which he blanked on and origional raiser told me he had A9 or something.

ok so I pretty much dont do anything but being blinded until we get to 4 people and I pick up KK big stack limps and I push all in for not much more. 2 guys after me fold and big stack calls with A9 suited or something, the 2 folders say they each folded a ace so looks like he has 1 ace left. Board totally blanked and I double up, well 4th place guy goes out.

so we are on money bubble now with 3 left, big stack who is decent, me and weak player. Ok so big stack raises a little and I re-raise all in not to much for big stack but want to isolate with my Q T , after he thought about it a sec I decided that I wanted the weak player in so I told him "go ahead and fold to the money" and he calls. big stack has 88 and weak player has 77, what a terrible call with 77. Im excited because im live, flop totally blanks, turn is blank and river is a beuitiful Q. Ok so now its heads up and we decide to chop it up, I really think I could beat him but I was soo shortstacked and soo tired so we each took $80 and called it night.

so all in all it was real fun, went with $0 and came back with $115.
Old 09-03-06, 12:42 PM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

Old 09-03-06, 03:38 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default confused?

was in hurry to write it, didnt have much time. Why are you confused? or you being a shabi smart ass? tourney paid out top 2 so there was a big stack, myself and a weak player with about same amount. I raised all in thinking I had outs which I did. From the read I had on big stack didnt think he would just mini-raise in position with AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT so figured he either had 2 big cards or small pair and was just hoping my cards were live which they were. With blinds 1k,2k and me only having about 6k or so it was all in or fold.

The play was correct, I know it was and I was really only one with live cards seeing as the 88 was dominating the 77.

if your confused sign was trying to be cute and saying I was weak player gotta disagree with you. I might be the weakest player on this forum in your eyes but as for this home game im one of the best as long as its not cash game.
Old 09-03-06, 04:31 PM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

I just don't know why you would push over the bigger stack's raise on the bubble, with a trash hand, if you could were that much better than the weak player.

Edit: just saw the blind sizes
Old 09-03-06, 05:35 PM
Banned

Default k

half the...well all the people were drunk besides me so we ran 10 minute blinds which basicly forced action, the big blind and little blind would of blinded me out before other guy. so I re-raised all in to basicly try to double up through the big stack with what I believed to be two live cards, I figured he would fold ANY hand besides high pocket pair seeing that he was faced with a raise and re-raise, even though he was bad thought that would be a obvious play. Unfortantly he called with 77 which I still dont understand, funniest part about it was he thought he was still in it after the hand becuase I didnt have him covered not even concidering the big stacks 88 had him crushed and took the remainder.

Like I said half the table was clueless, I hate getting blinded in a tourney I would rather push with some soft of raise. I feel like if I would of folded that then that would of been a worse play just letting the blinds take me with a random hand...agree?
Closed Thread