The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-06, 08:05 AM
Shark

jaeh00d has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsjaeh00d has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Bots playing in cash games and tournaments???

Well to start off I really dont think that sites purposely place their own bots onto tables to scam their players.

But the other night I was railing a $5.50 Pokerstars MTT final table that a friend of mine was in that I was actually knocked out of earlier (the mtt not the final table itself). He ended up finishing 5th, but continued to watch the rest while watching the baseball game. (MARLINS ARE MAKING A RUN!!!) There was this one player that literally walked on water the entire final table. I found it somewhat out of the norm that he did not say a word the entire time, but that means nothing conclusive, some people just don't like to chat. People would speak to him continuously and he did not respond, his place said "Springfield" so i was almost positive he knew english. Even when the final three players spoke to him about a chop he never even responded with a simple " no ." Plus, it did not say NO CHAT. He never even responded when someone said nice hand or anything nothing at all.

But to get down to the fishy things...

This guy literally threw his entire stack all in i would say 15 - 20 times throughout the duration of the final table. This guy would go from 2nd in chips, go all in be crippled and then make it back to second or third in a matter of three or four successful all ins, hitting three outers or always coming up with the AQ when his opponent had AJ. or having 33 when his opponent showed 1010 and rivered the three. Him going back and forth, back and forth, it almost didn't seem believeable. It was almost as if he knew when his players were making a move on him every single time and would either re raise all in from the blinds when the button raises ( every single time, and was never called ) This player was literally dealt monster hands continuosly throughout a final table, one after the other. he once called an all in with bottom pair off of the flop instantly to his opponents AKs, what was weird is he called nearly half of his stack there when this guy went all in on him, thats a very hard call to make, and he won with it. It just seemed to good to be true that anyone could be this good and literaly walk on water throughout an entire tournament. He continued to showdown hands like AJ,AQ,1010, continuosly one after the other. It just seemed a bit odd. But what was even more eery was when he would raise UTG, then have the button go all in on him which turned out to be a min. raise gaving him great pot odds and he would fold. I mean shit i think we all know that if we were a chip leader and even if we get caught with our hand in the jar with a 72os.. and its literally another 20,000 to you when you have a stack of over half a million you are calling, especially when you pot is around 80,000 or so.

All of this was brought up when the 2nd place finisher began typing in the chat and sounding off that he was a bot and not an actual player. That here was no way anybody could play the way he did, and get lucky one time after the other every single time. I mean its not likely to be able to be that lucky and suckout so many times and get those monster pocket cards everytime, but nor is it impossible. Not saying I believe him at all, but when I replay all of the hands in my mind it makes you think. I looked at the players pokerdb and sharkscope and saw nothing that would able this player to play as good as he did and make the laydowns and raises and pushes that he made and always seem to make the righ push. And when he didnt was constantly hitting rivers when his opponents were at least 85% favorites.

Like I said, I dont believe it. And really hope it isn't true. But what do you guys think? Is this possible? Do you think sites throw out their own bots? Was PS greedy enough to put a bot to win first place so they could gain an extra $2200 in prize money for themselves? Going along with some of the suspicious things that goes on in online cardrooms that have been brought up here, and on other forums that i have read through........

I mean is this shit possible...?

feedback please..
Old 09-04-06, 09:22 AM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Is it possible? Absolutely! In fact, it would be FAR easier for a site to implement a bot than it would a regular person - afterall - they could easily make sure the deal is skewed toward their bot.

Now, a completely, and far more relevant question and answer: Is it likely? HELL! NO! There is absolutely NO WAY that site with the reputation of PokerStars is going to do this to win an extra $2200. Nor would they do it to win an extra $22000, or ever $220000. If it ever got out that they did this - and it WOULD get out - the players would flee the site so fast the servers would crash from the sheer vacuum created.

Not everyone that loses their chat changes their address line to read 'no chat' or anything like that. My guess is that the player lost their chat privledges and simply couldn't respond - either that or he's a prick and didn't have the courtesy of even saying no when asked about the split.

There is just simply no way that a big site is going to risk a mass exodus of players over a, relatively speaking, miniscule amount of money.
Old 09-04-06, 12:04 PM
Donkey

murkosk has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsmurkosk has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default This sounds unreal!

Like Robbie Robb said, PS will never risk something like that and if they would theyr bots would be excelent. I mean you would never suspect them. I don`t think this is true, but if it is it`s more likely hack from outside. Maybe your friend should take some time and write to PS.
Old 09-04-06, 01:44 PM
Seven Card Stud

Tony Cheval has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsTony Cheval has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsTony Cheval has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

...since when is bottom pair a 'monster hand' against AK?