The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-04, 06:08 PM
Donkey

DaTruPoker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Progress in my game concerning Tilt

Ok last night I got to my friends house for some NL HE about 9 30. They started about 8 30 so some ppl left and some had nice stacks and some had rebought. We play .5/1 blinds but ppl ususally buy in only 15-25 at a time. I buy in for 30. There are 2 real big stacks (like around 80-100 dollars). One is ultra tight and 1 is a maniac just a bad player who throws money around and stack fluctuates alot.

So i see this maniac take down some pots with some well timed overpowering bluffs and some unexpected showdowned cards.

He raises 5 bucks UTG(large raise in our game standard pre flop raise is 2-3). I pick up 2 aces and re raise it to 12. He puts me all in and flips over 77. Anyways he rivers an ace and i am pretty pissed. I usually piss the rest of my money after something like this happens

But I pick up the remaining 19 bucks in my wallet and buy in. After getting down to 15 I double up by flopping a boat with q9 when flop comes q9q and turn is a J and my opponent had PP Js.

Ok so now i have like 30 bucks and pick up pp 6s in the bb. with the maniac limping i just check hoping to hit a set and get paid off. I flop a set. wow lucky me. its only maniac me and the SB all 3 check. Turn is nothing we all check. I make a very leisurely 2 dollar bet at river. Maniac re raises to 4. I re raise 10 more. He calls and flips over Q High!

I collect the pot and do my Ellix Powers impersonation.

Point of this: I was proud I did not go on tilt after having my aces cracked and ended cashign out with a small profit. instead of -50 i was +5